Chapter Six | ✓

Chapter SixNight Out

Sometimes, the perfect person for you is that whom you least expect it to be.

Song: She's Got You High by Mumm-ra

♪♪♪

I couldn't sleep, all thoughts were of Luke and how he was waiting outside for me. Looking at the clock I saw that it was already 9:30 and if he was there at nine like he said he would be that mean he had been waiting for half an hour now. That is, if he was still waiting.

My guess was he was, he was still outside waiting for me considering he's been sending me text after texts asking me if I was coming or if I was asleep.

With a sigh I got up and looked around the room to make sure Molly and Honey were still asleep before slipping on a pair of black converse and a blue sweater. Slipping out of the room I looked both ways to make sure I wouldn't get caught sneaking out. God, I hated Luke, why was I going to meet him?

Walking out of the house quietly I closed the door a cringed when there was a loud bang after I let the house door go causing it to slam close.

Luke turned and smiled up at me as I walked down the stairs. "What are we doing?"

Luke Hemmings' P.O.V

She was so beautiful, even now with no make up on her proper everyday clothes. At the moment her hair was put in a braid, she was wearing pajamas along with a blue sweater and black converse.

I'd never seen Veronica look so normal yet so beautiful. It was a major difference from her prim and polished self. She finished climbing the stairs and stood directly in front of me where I was able to see that I was at least a head taller than her.

"Get on." I said releasing a breath I hadn't even realized I had been holding. Veronica cringed shook her head taking a step back making me chuckle.

"Never in a million years." Veronica said crossing her arms over her chest and rolling her eyes. I shrugged and got on the skateboard myself.

"Then follow me." I said before pushing of on the skateboard softly so that it would move. I had noticed her struggling to keep up with my pace so when she stopped walking I stopped skating and turned to look at her.

"You're going to fast." Veronica said making me sigh, getting off the skateboard I walked over to her after putting the skateboard under my arm.

"Fine, party pooper." I said and we began to walk again. After a while of walking I noticed Veronica putting her arms around herself to keep warm. The sweater she was wearing did look thin so with out a second thought I took my black hoodie off and handed it to her. Veronica gave me a small smile as she tugged it on.

"Thanks." Veronica said looking down at the ground, I was able to see her cheeks tinting red and I smiled to myself knowing that I was the one that made her blush.

"Where are we going?" Veronica asked again looking up at the road ahead of us.

"You'll see." I answered. Veronica let out a huff but followed me.

"My legs are tired." I heard Veronica say after a long while I turned to look at her. "So much practice today my legs haven't rested."

Smiling at her I put my skateboard on the ground. "Last chance, just sit in it and I'll steer." Veronica shrugged and took a seat at the front of the skateboard. Putting one foot behind her back I used the other foot to push off with.

"If we fall off it's all on you." Veronica said making me laugh lightly to myself.  She was scared I could hear it in her voice and I wanted her to trust me.

"Don't worry, if you fall ill catch you." I said with a smile as I kept the skateboard moving. I felt so cheesy, I've never been this way with a girl before and now here she was. Veronica Green making me sound like some cheesy person who liked watching chick flicks and shit.

"How will you catch me if I'm down here and your up there." Veronica asked making me groan in annoyance.

"Don't ruin the moment." I said pushing the skateboard more. I didn't get Veronica,  most of the time she acted like a snobby brat but something told me she wasn't one at all. Something told me she was actually a very kind girl who's just been through a lot.

Finally getting to the park I began to wonder and hope that no dog or person would have come near the backpack of food I had prepared for tonight. Why did I pick such a faraway place anyway?

"My lady." I said sticking my hand out to help Veronica get up off the skateboard.

"How about no." Veronica said standing up on her own. I shrugged my shoulders and led her to the picnic blanket I had laid out on the ground.

"Please tell me that this is yours and not some hobo's?" Veronica asked making me laugh.

"It's mine, no worry's" I said taking a seat on the blanket and gestured for Veronica to take a seat beside me. Veronica did and took the sandwich that I then held out for her.

"When are you goi g to know if you get the role for the Sleeping Beauty performance?" I asked taking a bite of my sandwich and watching as Veronica flipped her own sandwich around in her hands.

"In two days." She answered giving me a smile. I noticed her eyes begin to sparkle as she thought about the dance and- as cliche as this was- I found myself wishing they'd sparkle that way for me as well.

"How mug are tickets?" I asked and Veronica began to laugh. Furrowing my eyebrows together I wondered what was so funny to her.

"You... at... a... ballet... residual?" Veronica said between laughter making me smile. I understood why she found it so funny.

"Yeah, why not." I said with a shrug managing to give her a serious look.

"Wow, ok." Veronica said straightening up. "Um, ten dollars." She answered before finally taking a bite of her sandwich. I smiled and took a bite of my sandwich as well.

The rest of the night was quiet with us finishing out meal. Once we were finished I began to put the things back into the backpack before throwing it over my shoulder. "Um, can I- um." Veronica started making me look up at her. Once my eyes were on her Veronica looked down at the ground and I could tell she felt a little nervous.

"Yes?" I asked softly hoping to calm her nerves.

"Can you teach me?" Veronica finished pointing down at the skateboard beside me. With a smile I grabbed Veronica's hand ignoring the spark a felt shoot up my arm as I stood her in front of the skateboard.

"It's easy." I said showing her how to position her legs.