Love Like You (Part 4)

He ran. Running past everyone and started following the figure through the house until he noticed that it actually was, running or leading him away?  Nothing was going on in his head as they both continued to the woods. Armin didn't notice as he took off his jacket. What felt like a good half hour, clouds started rolling in and soon after, rain.

"Annie!" he yelled.

The figure stopped at the bottom of a cliff and turned slowly. Annie reached for her hood to face him. Nearly, three years ago they didn't want to see one another. 

"Why now?!" Armin hollered, "You come back. After so long. It was you! Do you have any idea how much anger and pain I've been going through?! How much longing have I had to love you and for it in return? From you?!"

Both of them had an intensity in the air. Not knowing if the water staining their features was from the rain or tears.

"...Armin."

The whisper again.

The blonde ran closer to his love and dropped down to his knees in front of her. He felt a hand on his shoulder. 

"How could you just show up like this?" He stared down at the muddy earth in his hands, "I'm sorry for telling you to leave. I was upset that at myself more than anything for not being able to heal the agony you were in. I'm sorry... you knew- we knew, the bond we have."

"Armin."

He couldn't look up at her as he waited for her to continue. Was that all she had to say? Couldn't she speak about anything?

"Annie! Why don't you say a word, other than my name?" He slammed his fists on the ground, staining the white shirt of his tux. Armin couldn't help it anymore. "Why did you leave??!!! Why?! Was it that bad?!!"

His mind and body went numb as everything went in repeat. Beating the ground and yelling at her. Staring at the earth below him in pain.

"Armin!"

It wasn't a whisper.

"Armin!"

It wasn't her voice...

His vision was blurry until looking up to notice that Eren and Mikasa kneeled in front of him. Both muddy with formal attire still on.

Mikasa had concerned eyes as Eren spoke up, "Armin! Guys, over here!"

His friends gathered around from all directions when he saw that Annie was no longer there. "W-Where did Annie go?"

Mikasa hugged him. She sobbed, "Armin, sweetie. It's okay."

"No!" He shook his head, "She was just here. I followed her here. I am not crazy!"

Everyone gave each other a look before Mikasa spoke up, "A-Annie died three years ago, Armin..."