7

Adam and Julie are sitting in the little park not to far from the strip club Judy works in. Things are better, but still tense at times. It doesn't matter that she knows that Adam didn't willingly hurt her, her heart still hurts. She does her best to hide the pain but Adam can still feel it and it makes him feel guilty all over again. Which in turn makes Julie feel guilty for hurting him.

"Adam, how long are you going to make Judy work for you?" Julie asks out of the blue. She watches as Judy makes her way to the back of the strip joint.

"She can quit whenever she wants to. I'm not forcing her to work for me. Besides she was right, she is my best dancer. She's making me a damn sight of money. It makes me more money than some of my other businesses." Adam replies somberly and not looking at his club. He hates having to go in there and has his brothers deal with it whenever he can.

"You blacklisted her, love, where else is she going to work?"

Adam smirks. He thinks it's a fitting punishment for the bitch. Even with him taking half her earnings to pay the civil award against her, she was still earning sufficient for her to move out and get a better place if she wanted to.

"She can leave and get a job elsewhere, I've lifted the blacklisting. She is aware of this but stays with me because she won't be able to make nearly as much elsewhere as she can here. She likes being able to buy expensive clothes and not having to pay travel expenses because she lives where she works.

"She is angry though and has directed her anger towards you. I don't want you near her, Jewel."

"I can protect myself." Jewel says angrily to her husband.

Adam looks at his wife with a great deal of love. "I know that, but I don't want you hurt by anything she might say. She blames you for her situation and has turned everything around and twisted it. Everything is your fault. The fact that she's living a life better than she would elsewhere seems to blow right over her.

"Should she hurt you I would have no other choice but to make her a slave. Her blood isn't that good but it is drinkable. Would you rather have her there or here?"

Julie thinks about what he said to her and becomes sad. She was never close to Judy, but she had been an escape when Julie needed one. That Judy has fallen to the level that she has makes her sad. That even her blood doesn't make a better cut somehow makes everything even more sad.

"Julie, I didn't say that to make you sad. I'm sorry." Adam feels much like he did when Julie first started living with them, out of his depth. He is trying desperately to make things better between them but all he seems to be doing is make things worse.

"Don't, Adam, this isn't your fault. I'm sad that someone I had considered a friend feels that I was such a horrible person. I never could understand her." Julie wraps her arms around Adam trying to make him feel better. She doesn't like how uncertain he's become with her. She misses her lover and friend that she was so comfortable with.

Adam starts kissing her neck. Feather light little pecks that she can barely feel. She feels the familiar warmth starting to build within her. Damn she loves this man.

"Forget about that bitch, she's no one. She's free to leave and as long as she doesn't mess with anyone in my family she'll be left alone. I won't even go after her for the rest of the money she owes." Adam says and lifts his wife up from the bench they'd been sitting on. "Should we go to the penthouse and continue?"

In reply Julie holds his face between her hands and gives him a kiss. At his groan she deepens it and gives no quarter when their tongues start fighting for dominance. Had anyone been watching they would be rubbing their eyes wondering where the couple are that were right there.

Adam only breaks the kiss so that he can see where he is going and not run into people. In less than five minutes they are in the alley closest to his hotel. They straighten their clothes and make their way to the front doors of the hotel.

 Neither Adam or Julie noticing or caring that a homeless man is rubbing his eyes wondering where the fuck they came from. He looks at his bottle of whiskey and back to where Adam and Julie had appeared and then back to his bottle. He finally shakes his head and picks up his bottle and takes a long pull on it finishing it up. He must be seeing things because of the alcohol, people don't just appear out of nowhere. He just hopes that he can get enough money to buy another bottle soon.

Had Adam and Julie remained a little longer they would have seen a man acting strangely heading towards Judy's apartment. 

Had Adam seen then he would have made sure to hear the conversation.

Had he heard the conversation he would have killed Judy then and there and saved them all some heart ache.

"Hello, Carter, you're late." Judy is less than impressed with him.

"Had to wait until Demarco and his wife left, wouldn't do to have him see me here. He might know me from when I worked for Travony."

"Adam Demarco was here?" Judy does her best to hide her panic.

"Relax, babe," Carter says lifting her hair and letting it run through his fingers. "I made sure I wasn't seen and they're gone now."

Judy allows him to freely touch whatever he wants, it's part of his payment. After he was done and they finished up the plans Carter takes the envelope full of cash and slips out of her apartment.

Adam may have forbidden her to bring john's to her place but he hadn't said anything about assassins or thugs that she hires to kidnap and torture Julie Demarco. She just conveniently forgets the warning about harming his family and Julie is most definitely considered family.

Soon her vengeance will be complete and Julie Demarco will pay for what she's done to her. Judy smiles at the thought even as she showers and gets ready for work. For the first time in a long time she's smiling as she slips out of her apartment and makes her way to the dressing room.

Soon, soon Julie will be taken care of. The thought is enough to have her smiling extra brilliantly for the whole night. 

She had a lot of private customers that night and they all paid well. Which of course just makes her smile even more. Between her money and the satisfaction of the sex she's in a very good mood as she showers and goes to bed. Not even memories plague her that night.