10

Adam stands back and watches his wife as she watches the kids at their party. It's been a long time since he's seen her with such a look of longing on her face.

It's when he sees the tears start to fall that he moves from his location and to his wife. He pulls her to his chest. "What is it, Jewel?" Adam hates seeing her sad and those tears are definitely that.

"Have I or one of my brothers screwed up again?" Adam demands.

That's when he realizes that she's watching not just the children but Michelle and Sarah as well.

The silence goes on for so long he thinks that Julie is ignoring him. "I want more babies, Adam, but how can I do that to them? I know they love my kids, but I also know it's killing them that they can't give their loves kids too. 

"Michelle should resent or even hate me, but she doesn't. Sarah would make a damn fine mother, but she'll never be able to have kids, neither of them will even if they are turned. How then can I be so selfish and cruel to them and have more?" Julie asks him bitterly. She'd do anything to make it so her friends could have children. They never say anything but she knows it hurts them to be with her children that she's given their husbands and they can't give them any.

"Life isn't fair, love. You more than anyone know that. You suffered through hell to get your reward." Adam knows that her children are the only thing of value Julie cares about beside him and his family. He knows that Julie loves it that Alex and Aaron have both moved back in. 

The others never moved out. They liked being close to the kids. Julie loves having them all here and if his mother could control her need to spoil the kids, he's sure that she would pressure his parents to move in as well.

And they probably would. 

He didn't think it was possible for anyone to control his mother, but Julie can.

His mother is even more feared in the vampire world than his father and Julie treats her with so much love and warmth that she has changed. They have all changed because of and for Julie. Not because Julie has ever asked it of them. 

Julie has often told them how much she loves them just how they are.

That is the reason they've changed. The love. The most feared vampires found love and acceptance and now they are no longer the monsters they once were.

Julie refuses to believe that they were ever monsters. No matter how many times they tell her or how many stories they tell her. All she'll say is, "You've never shown me that you are monsters. Until you do that I just can't believe it."

Even after she watched him with the prisoners, she refused to believe him to be a monster. "Am I a monster?" She had asked him. 

"You could only ever be my angel, Jewel." Jewel gave him a brilliant smile in return.

"Then you aren't a monster either. So please stop calling yourself one." Julie refused to talk about it any more.

"What do I do?" Julie's question throws him. He'd been lost in his thoughts and memories and just basking in holding his wife.

"About what, love?" Adam asked confused.

"About having more kids. How can I do that to Michelle and Sarah?" Aiden's wife she gets along with, but still doesn't understand how the hell Aiden got together with a lesbian. They are both content with Julie having any and all of his kids, so she's not a problem.

Adam looks at her in shock. "You really want more children? Twenty aren't enough for you?" Of those twenty, four are his. Two boys and two girls. He's more than content with that. Aaron has two boys and a girl. Same for all of them except Azlo, he has three boys and a girl.

Without fail all the boys are very protective of their sisters. Except for when it comes to them of course. There's hell to pay if someone else teases them or hurts them in any way, but it's like world war three sometime between the siblings. And it's not just boys against the girls or vice versa. No, many of the girls are smart enough to get some of the boys on their side. That's when hell truly breaks lose.

Seven little Jewels and thirteen smart aleck boys does not a quiet household make.

The thought of having more is both appealing and repellent at the same time. Just like watching two trains about to wreck. You know it's going to be ugly, but you can't turn away from it. The beauty in the horror attraction.

Jewel twists around to look at him. "Do you really not want more?"

With her question he has to take a deeper look into himself. Does he want more or not?

"I am content with what we have been graced with, Jewel, but if we are blessed with more I won't be upset about it either." He rather enjoys the part of making the babies. "In fact if you want to go upstairs and practice making more, I wouldn't have a problem with that."

Jewel smacks his arm. "I can't do that to Michelle or Sarah. That's what I've been talking about. Haven't you been listening?"

Adam sighs, "I listened but honestly I don't understand what the problem is. They would be happy to welcome another child into their family."

Julie sighs unhappily, "Of course they will. They hunger for their own child though. Both of them desperately want to gift their husbands with a child from them. It hurts them that they can't and won't ever be able to."

Sarah and Michelle have both refused to be turned because they want their husbands to find someone else after they die, that can give them children. 

This makes Julie sad. She doesn't want to lose her friend to old age or illness, not when there is a way to keep her forever. She knows that accidents happen and can even take vampires, so she doesn't count that.

Adam doesn't know what to say and so wisely shuts up and just holds Julie to him as they watch the kids having fun at their party.