Chapter Fourteen

If I had ever felt naked to the core before, it was now. Truly bare. Those two words. You're mine. I was startled and aroused. I couldn't decipher whether there was a hidden meaning behind them or Shane was just plain telling me that he was possessive. Either way, I didn't have to time to think them over from the re-emerging carnality of Shane's lips tangoing feistily with mine. The taste of him. I loved it. I loved the way he could just make me breathless from just a simple kiss. And now, he was teasing as he bit down on my bottom lip tugging it gently like a puppy with its chew toy. It was odd how a second ago I was accusing him of preying on me and then the next, I was fisting my hands through his hair whilst loving the feel of him hard and deep inside of me. Why does it never feel this way with Nick? Why was it different? And why had I been easily persuaded from the thirst of his lips? Was I just that easy? Could I not stand my ground? Was I falling for Shane? I wasn't sure. I couldn't be bothered to ask those questions loving how his lips at this second were gliding down my stomach. How could something as simple as that excite me? I didn't know. But either way, it felt magical. My body felt alive.

Shane paused as he drifted back up, pressing his temple against my forehead. "Please, don't think I'd use you like that," he muttered, his acorn coloured eyes studying mine intensely. "I'm not, Rose. I can't."

I slowly nodded, entranced within the depths of his eyes as I remained pinned against the wall, my legs wrapped around his broad torso feeling like a present wrapped in gift paper. I didn't want this moment to end. I wanted us to stay here, in our own bubble, our own romance far from reality, from the world. But that was impossible. The reality was, I was kissing another man who wasn't the man I'd committed myself to. I was going against the laws of marriage. Love itself.

Accepting my response, Shane dropped me down. His hands did the rest as he pulled his boxers and buttoned his trousers. I hesitated before doing the same, thankful at least that my knickers were still intact. I didn't want to use another excuse that they'd gotten a hole from inside the drum of the washing machine. We were silent as we stole quick glances to each other.

Until he broke the silence. "There was a reason I came over...and not for makeup sex but I'm not complaining about that," he said, smirking as I blushed a little in the cheeks. I didn't say a word, so he continued, "after you supplied the information that your—Nick, would be gone until Friday. I was kinda hoping you would go with me somewhere?" he suggested, wetting his bottom lip.

"Where?" I said, feeling a little self-conscious suddenly as those eyes locked onto me once again. I had no idea what he was going on about. Go where? And I really didn't think it was appropriate with the current situation on hands, but I hadn't exactly showed dedication towards that argument considering I just had sex with him moments ago. My conscience sneered.

He appeared a little bashful as he smiled. "Erm, I was hoping you'd come with me to the cabin I rent in some woods."

"That doesn't sound creepy," I replied, humour lacing my tone, "but I really don't think that would be appropriate so I'm going to have decline. Even as much as I would love to star in some horror film set in the woods." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, shyly sliding pass him as I headed towards the kitchen. I could hear him following me even before he insisted on his honest intentions.

Shane scooted over towards me as I was grabbing a mug from the cupboard. "C'mon, Rose. Just two days that's all I am asking for."

"Asking for what?" I timidly stepped back, aware that he was close towards me. I didn't want a round two even if I knew that was not the truth. Shane leaned on the counter, his eyes following me as I grabbed a bottle of milk from the fridge.