Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Preston woke up on valentine day to find a stuffed monkey with a heart saying ‘Wild about you’ and a box of chocolates. Preston smiled as he grabbed the monkey and gave it a squeeze. He jumped up when the song wild thing started to play, but stated to laugh. He loved it; if this was all Robert was going to give him he was happy with it. Preston got up and got ready for the day, he only had two classes and then he had to go over to Joaquin’s to work on the project. Then he would come home and spend the much need time alone with Robert.

Preston found Robert in the kitchen and he was making breakfast, he didn’t see Ramona or the twins. Preston wrapped his arms Robert and kissed him on his shoulder.

“Happy Valentine’s snookum’s,” Preston said as he rested his chin on his shoulder. Robert turned around and faced Preston; he pulled him closer and kissed him.

“Happy Valentine’s amor,” Robert leaned his head against Preston’s. “So how did you like your gift?” Robert asked as he gently caressed Preston’s cheek.

“I loved it; I don’t care if you didn’t get me anything else. The stuffed monkey is enough for me.” Robert reached into his pocket and pulled a small purple box.

“So you don’t want this other gift I have for you than?” Robert asked as he waved a small box in front of Preston.

“Oh my god you didn’t get me a new ring do you?” Preston snatched the box from Robert’s hand and opened it. Preston pulled out a necklace, with a wooden monkey pendent. Robert laughed as Preston smiled at his gift. “I love it,” Preston handed it to Robert; he placed it around Preston’s neck and clasped it. It hung right next to the Saint Paul pendent Robert had given him on thanksgiving last year. He had never once taking it off, just like his engagement ring.

“I’m glad you love it, but look in the box there is one more thing in there.” Preston looked in the box again and pulled out a piece of paper.

He opened it and it read, “This coupon entitles Preston Shaw to one night of pure enjoyment.” Preston smiled and leaned in to kiss Robert. “I think I will be using this tonight.”

“Well I was hoping you would say that. Come eat your breakfast.” Robert served them and started to eat.

“So where are the twins and Ramona?” Preston asked.

“She is taking them a bath and I was able to talk Ramona into taking the twins for the night so we could be alone tonight.” Preston dropped his fork and looked at Robert; he wasn’t sure on how he had planned on them having the night alone.

“You’re kidding me right, how did you manage that? I thought she had to stay with her friend during the night?”

“Well it turns out she is free tonight on the count her friends husband if off. So she is taking the twins tonight.” Preston looked at Robert and saw a mischievous grin on his face; it had been a while since he has seen that mischievous grin.