Chapter Twenty-Seven

Preston slowly opened his eyes as the morning light crept through the curtains. Preston smiled at the all too familiar warmth wrapped around him. He turned around to face Robert and snuggles closer to him. He smiled as he listened to Robert’s light snoring; for once Robert had been able to actually sleep in late. Preston looked back to the clock, it was almost noon but he was in no mood to get out of bed. He just placed he head down on Robert’s chest and closed his eyes as he listened to Robert’s heartbeat.

Robert opened his eyes and smiled at Preston, he had fallen back to sleep. Robert wrapped his arms around Preston and pulled him closer. “Mmm morning, snookums.” Preston twisted up to give Robert a kiss. “Morning amor,” Robert whispered as he kissed him back.

“I don’t feel like getting out of bed today, let’s just stay in bed.” Preston proposed. Robert rolled onto his back and stretched his arms out. Preston crawled onto of Robert and straddled his waist. Preston leaned in closer as he ran his hands up Robert’s chest, up to his arms until he reached his hands and intertwined his fingers with his. He gave Robert a small kiss on the tip of his nose and sat back up, while still holding onto Robert’s hands.

“But what if we get hungry, we will have to eventually have to get out of bed.” Robert pulled Preston closer to him and kissed him. “But then again eating is so overrated.” Robert rolled over, Preston lay underneath him. Robert pinned Preston’s hands to the side of his head, he stared deeply into his eyes and smiled. “I really do love you Preston. I’m so glad we are going to try and get past all this.” Robert smiled at Preston as he smiled back at him.

“Me too and thank you for giving me a second even though I don’t deserve one.” Preston reached up and gave Robert a kiss. “I love you Robert.”

Robert let go of Preston’s hands and got up from the bed. Preston let out a whimper as he watched Robert walk over to the pile of their clothes. Robert chuckled at Preston as he picked up his pants and pulled out the things that Preston had left behind. Robert walked over back to the bed and sat down next to Preston. “Well in order for us to start getting back to normal,” Robert reached for Preston’s left hand. “I need to know that you are truly ready to take the next step with me.” Robert slipped Preston’s engagement ring on his finger. “Preston Shaw if you are ready, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Most of all I want us to rise our twins together and yes they are our twins.” Robert reached over to the nightstand and opened the drawer. He pulled out some papers and handed them to Preston.

Preston stared at the papers, “Are these adoption forms?” Preston asked.

“Yes, I want it to be official that you are Sidney and Sebastian’s dad. So if you are truly ready to move on with our lives amor, I’m asking you again if you will marry me.” Preston took a deep breath as he felt tears slowly slip out.

He smiled at Robert, “Of course I want to marry you and I’m ready to live the rest of our live together.” Preston pulled Robert closer and kissed him. He reached over to the nightstand for a pen and signed the adoption forms. “It’s official I’m the father of two beautiful twins and I’m going to marry the love of my life.” Robert hugged Preston and just held him in his arms.

One week later

Preston waited at the counter as they made his order. He started to tap his foot as he waited. Since Robert and he made up a week again, things have been slowly getting back to normal. He knew it wasn’t going to be the same, but things didn’t change between them. If anything it had made their relationship stronger. Now their spring break together alone was coming to an end. Tomorrow they will return to class and Ramona and the twins will be back as well. He was looking forward to them coming back; he would be lying if he said he didn’t miss them. He wasn’t use to the house being so quite.