Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

Preston sat in his old bedroom; he had been there since late last night. He couldn't bear staying with Xavier and Vera, while Vera made him feel worse than he already did. He caught up with Ann Marie before she left back home. Now he sat in his room trying to think about how he could fix things with Robert. It had been a long time since he had stayed there. Most of the time he would stay with Robert, but now he didn't know if he was ever going to be able to be with him again. Preston was staring at the photo of Robert and him with the twins. It was the day they finally got to take them home, they looked so happy and now things have changed. He messed up and now all he could do was sit around, and wait to see if Robert can forgive him. He knows he doesn't deserve a second chance; anyone who has ever cheated rarely got a second chance.

Preston's phone rang; he picked it up and looked at the caller id. He groaned when he saw Aden's name, he has been calling him ever since he found out about him cheating on Robert. He knew he was going to give him a tongue lashing and tell him how stupid he was. Preston already knew how stupid he was and how bad he messed up; he didn't need someone to remind him. He heard enough from Vera, everybody else in his family hasn't really said much, but he knew they were disappointed in him. Preston ignored the call and turned off his phone, he laid down on his bed.

He had been avoiding everyone since he came home, as soon as he got home, he explained what was going and headed straight to his room, before anyone could say anything. He didn't really care what anyone had to say. All they could say was things he already knew. Preston stared at the ceiling and thought about how Robert was doing. The last time he was thinking this way, was when he was forced into breaking up with Robert. However this time it was his own doing, no one he could lay the blame on but himself. Preston closed his eyes and was about try to get some sleep when his door slammed open. Preston shot up in his bed and spotted a very ticked off Aden, if looks could kill Preston would be dead.

"What the hell Aden?" Preston groaned. "Can't I just get some time alone, to wallow in my own self-pity?" Preston flop back onto the bed and grabbed a pillow to cover his face. He really wasn't in the mood to deal with Aden. Preston felt the pillow lift from his face, only to be hit with it on the head over and over. Until Preston reached out and took it from Aden. "Seriously Aden what the hell is your problem?" Preston sat up and stared at Aden; he sighed and sat down next to him.

"Preston why did you do it, I thought you were smarter than that? How could you throw away what you have with Robert for one night with my dipshit of a cousin?" Aden asked, Preston let his words sink in. when it all happened he wasn't thinking, not until it was too late. Now he was going to have to live with that mistake for the rest of his life. "What I'm more pissed off about is I thought we were friends? I had this hear this from my douche bag cousin. Just so you know, when he was telling me he went into details. Which by the way I didn't believe most of it; he is a compulsive liar after all. Let me tell you, he acted like he just won the fucking noble prize, but on the upside he did get the shit beat out of him, so I heard." Preston looked at Aden and saw him smiling. "Let's just say for once his big mouth got him in trouble. So do you want to talk about it?" Preston sighed.

"I don't know I wasn't thinking when it happened. I know I seriously fucked up, I know that and there isn't anything anyone can say that I don't know already." Preston started to cry, all he wanted was to be with Robert again. To be happy and in love with him again, to start living the life they were meant to live. "I just want him to forgive me and to tell me that everything is going to be alright." Aden hugged Preston as he tried his best to comfort him. "I don't want to live without him Aden. I already tried doing that and it was the worst time of my life." Preston continued to cry as Aden held him. Even though he was pissed at him, he knew he was hurting because he knew he messed up bad. Now he felt like he couldn't fix it with Robert.

"Well Preston you have two options, you wait for Robert to come around or you go after your man and you tell him you can't live without him. You pour out your heart and soul to the man you love and if he feels the same way about you, he will take you back." Preston hoped he was right, he knew Robert loved him. At least he hoped he still did love him.

"I guess there is nothing wrong with trying, but I just don't think I could take it if he rejected me. I think I would rather think he might still love me, rather than knowing he doesn't want me at all." Aden groaned and whacked Preston on the head with the pillow. "Ouch dammit Aden what the hell was that for?"

"Ok Preston as your friend I'm going to tell you this and just so you know I love you like my brother and I want what is best for you. So from the bottom of my heart I tell you this, stop being a whiny little bitch and got after your man. Because you will never and I repeat will never find anyone as good as him. He is heaven sent and I know he feels the same way about you. I knew that the first time I met him, he could be in a room full of people but he only ever saw you. You are all that he ever sees, I could see the love he feels for you. So stop being a dumb vagina and go after him!" Aden shouted as he pulled Preston off his bed.

"What if he doesn't feel that way anymore, I did the unthinkable to him?"

"Then you're going to get on your hands and knees and you're going to beg forgiveness. If that doesn't work then you're going to tell him you will do anything to make it up to him. even if its some weird kinky sex thing, because you owe it to that boy." Even though Preston wasn't in a good mood he started to laugh, he thought back to the day he and Robert talked about bringing in bondage into the bedroom. Robert might actually get his wish if he took Preston back. "What's so funny?" Aden asked.

"Nothing, but I do need to ask you just how do you expect me to get back to Tallahassee when I have no car?"

"I thought Robert got you a car?"

"He did but when I left, I left behind everything he gave me, even my engagement ring." Preston waved his hand in front of Aden, he frowned Preston was so used to seeing it on his hand. Now he felt naked without it.

"Well I can take you; I was planning on going over there to see my aunt and my non douche cousins. So get dress and let's get a move on it, we have a long trip ahead of us." Aden left Preston alone to get ready; he just hoped Aden was right about Robert still loving him.

It was late in the evening by the time they got there. Preston could see a storm was coming in. Aden drove straight to the apartment; Preston had called Xavier to make sure Robert was still in town. He would have hated to come all this way and he wasn't there. When Aden pulled up, Preston saw both the cars there and let out a sigh of relief.

"So do you want me to wait for you?" Preston shook his head and got out of the car. He waited until Aden drove off before he walked over to the door, knocked and waited for Robert to answer the door as the first drop of rain started to fall.