Chapter 1: You Know I Want You

WANTED! UNIQUE PERSONS AND CURIOSITIES! MALE OR FEMALE! YOUNG OR OLD! DARING ACTS! WONDERS OF THE WORLD! SHIRO'S AMERICAN MUSEUM OF CURIOSITIES!

"Lance! Have a look at this!" Veronica yelled from across the room of their apartment. Lance looked up at his sister from his stretching. Veronica ran across the room to show Lance the poster. Lance looked at the advertisement in disbelief. "Veronica...If we sign up...we'll be the laughing stalk of the whole city. People don't approve of us in society so what makes you think they'll accept us on display?" Lance sighed. "It would be nice to try something new!" Veronica insisted. Lance shook his head. "No, Veronica!"

"But-"

"NO!"

Lance then went back to doing the splits and stretching. Veronica sighed. She knew Lance would get like this. Lance and Veronica McClain were both uniquely flexible and could do many extraordinary tricks that many people in the city of New York could not. They were also trapeze partners and always stuck together. They were some of the many few people in New York that were looked down upon because they were...different.

"Wouldn't it be cool to show the world what we could do? Just this once?" Veronica asked. "We left Cuba to become successful in New York. We're never going to be successful if we continue to linger in the dark away from society's eyes. We need to get out there! It's our dream!" Lance just continued to ignore her. Veronica sighed again. She then started to hum a familiar tune.

Every night I lie in bed

The brightest colors fill my head

A million dreams are keeping me awake

I think of what the world could be

A vision of the one I see

A million dreams is all it's gonna take...

Lance sighed smiling.

A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

Lance laughed, giving in. "OK, we'll see what it's like. But if it turns out to be a total flop, we quit!" Veronica jumped up and down with excitement and hugged his brother in delight. "Let's practice to show this Shiro what we can do!"

*   *   *

The duo then found the museum. They saw that there was a line. As they lined up they looked at all the unique people. Is... is that a man with hair all over his face? Wow that person has a lot of tattoos...

It was then their turn . "Hi. Takashi Shirogane at your service" Takashi said holding his hand out to be shook. Lance hesitated for a moment but then smiled up at Takashi and shook it. "It's an honour to meet you, Mr. Shirogane" Veronica smiled. "Oh, please, call me Shiro. Please sit." Veronica and Lance then sat across the table from Shiro. "So, what are your names?" Shiro asked eagerly. "Lance and Veronica McClain, sir" Veronica said. "Lance and Veronica. Brother and sister?" Shiro asked. "Yes" Lance replied. 

"Terrific, and what do you do?"

"Uh, trapeze" Lance answered nervously. "Trapeze!?" Shiro exclaimed impressed. "OK." "You know..." Lance stated. "People aren't going to like it if you put us on stage." Veronica gave Lance a small glare as if to say 'Stop being pessimistic!'

Shiro laughed to himself and then smiled and said, "Oh, I'm counting on it."