Chapter 5: You Claim it's Not in Your Cards

It was the end of the day and the sun was setting on New York. Everyone had left and went to their homes. Shiro and Keith were left cleaning up after the last show and were just finishing up. "I'd say today was another huge success!" Shiro exclaimed as he dusted off his suit. "Allura did so well with her singing, Pidge has improved on her horse riding skills and Hunk and the other performers are doing amazing!" "Heh, yeah!" chuckled Keith as he began putting papers away.

"And the Razzle Dazzle Siblings? Amazing as always."

At the mention of Lance's act, Keith's heart skipped a beat. His cheeks started getting warm. "...Uh, yeah! T-They're great!" Keith stuttered.

Shiro began to grin at Keith. "Especially Lance" Shiro said smugly. "Isn't he amazing?" Shiro was onto Keith. He recognised love when he saw it. He had to tease it out of Keith. "Yeah...absolutely..." Keith practically sighed.

"Anyone would definitely fall for his devilishly good looks, huh? His hair, his eyes, his smile..."

"His nose...I MEAN! His...his...personality...I MEAN...uhhh..."

Shiro leaned against the wall, his arms crossed with the smuggest look on his face. "You know, it's okay to admit that you like Lance, Keith." "Whaaat? Pffft! No! I just...admire Lance is all..." Keith lied. Shiro nodded smiling but not believing anything Keith was saying. "Sure" Shiro smiled. Keith turned back to the folder he was putting the papers away in. "What does it matter anyways?" Keith sighed sadly. "Lance doesn't seem interested..."

And that's not the only reason...

As he put the papers away, Adam walked into the office. "Hey Keith" He waved smiling. Keith smiled slightly at Adam. "Hey..." he replied. Adam then walked up to Shiro who was very happy to see him. "Hey Shiro" Adam smiled. "Adam" Shiro said as he gave Adam a short kiss before turning his attention to Keith. Keith was leaning against a wall with his arms folded over his chest with a frustrated look on his face.

"Look, Keith," Shiro started putting an arm around his significant other. "If you're worried about what society will think...take me and Adam for example! We get judged by society everyday but do we let it get in our way?"

Keith sighed smiling. "Trust me on this, okay?" Shiro reassured him. "Oh! Is this about the guy Keith-"

"Ah! Adam, we'd better go! We have plans!"

"Wha-Oh! Yes! We'd better go! Uh, see you, Keith"

"See you tomorrow. And don't worry. Everything will be okay."

Keith sighed unsure. "Yup. See you tomorrow, Shiro..." Shiro and Adam then left the office. Keith then looked out the window to New York. All those normal people going about their normal lives. Keith used to be normal before the circus. It was time to come clean to his parents.

*  *  *

Keith opened the gate that lead to his parents beloved house. He walked right up to the door, took a deep breath, then knocked on the door with the door knocker. The door was then opened by his family's maid. "Why, Master Keith!" she exclaimed. "Welcome home!" "Thank you" Keith smiled. "Are my parents home?"

"Keith?" Keith's mother, Krolia, exclaimed. She ran down the stairs to give her son the biggest hug and kiss. "Hello, Mother" Keith smiled. Keith's attention then turned to his father, Texas, who was walking down the stairs to meet him. "Keith" Texas said smiling. "Father" Keith replied.

"Maid!" Krolia called. "Put another place at the dining table, please!" "As you wish, madam" the Maid said bowing and then walking toward the dining area. "Oh no, I'm not staying for dinner, Mom..." Keith smiled nervously.