Chapter 7: But You're Here in My Heart

Everyone had finally arrived in London. Lance and Veronica were in their cabin packing everything up. "Hey, you know what?" Lance started. "How 'bout you hold all the bags this time?"

"Ugh! Lance!" Veronica complained. 

"Uh, uh! No, no, no, no, no, no! You should have thought about that before you stunk this place out with the stench of your puke."

Veronica muttered something in Spanish. It was quiet, but Lance could make out the word very clearly. It's best not to repeat it. Lance ignored her comment and closed his suitcase. "I leave these with you" he teased and walked out.

"Lance! Get back here! Don't make me do all the work! Hey!" Veronica called.

Lance was now outside of his cabin. He looked out to see a city. There was a large clock tower surrounded by all of these tall mountainous buildings. The weather had also changed from partly cloudy, warm, New York City, to cloudy, windy, and cold London. What he wouldn't do for a scarf right now.

"Hey, Mr- Lance."

Lance turned to see Keith who was wearing a scarf around his neck. He looked kind of stupid with all the clothing he had on. Lance tried not to laugh but Keith could tell he was going to. "Look, it's cold, okay?"

"A suit with a scarf and a beany. I didn't think people like you dressed like that" Lance struggled to contain his laughter.

"What do you mean by 'People like me'?" Keith asked.

Oh crap!

"N-Nothing...I'm sorry."

...Another awkward silence...

Lance shivered and Keith noticed. He tossed Lance his beany and scarf. "Here," Keith said smiling. "Now I get to question your fashion choices."

Lance glared at Keith who chuckled and walked off to help everyone off the boat. Lance then looked down at the beany and scarf. Was Keith his guardian angel or something?

*  *  *

Now in their rooms, Lance and Veronica prepared themselves for what was about to happen. The King. Ahhhhh!!!!! It was so surreal. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Lance went up to see who it was. "Oh, hey Shiro."

"Hey, Lance! I came to drop these off" Shiro said as he handed Lance his a Veronica's Razzle Dazzle Sibling costumes from the show. Lance was a little confused by this.

"What are these for?"

"For seeing the King."

"Do they...have a trapeze in the castle or..."

"Nope. This is what you're wearing to the castle."

"Oh! Actually, I was-"

"Now put on your smiling faces! It's almost time to go. Get ready!"

Shiro then closed Lance's door and left. "Oh...okay then?" Lance said as he looked down at the costumes they had to wear to the castle. He turned to Veronica.

"We have to wear those to see the King?" Veronica asked a bit concerned.

"Apparently?" Lance answered just as concerned as Veronica.

Veronica picked up her costume and sighed. "Man...and I had a perfect dress to wear too..."

Lance looked down at his costume again. He then began to realize that to Shiro, he was nothing more than a circus act. To the world, they were nothing more than a circus act.

*  *  *

It seems that Lance wasn't the only one upset about the fact that they were all in costumes. He felt awkward walking around the palace. And in a leotard nonetheless. The only ones out of costume were Shiro and Keith, though Keith didn't really have a costume so Lance couldn't judge. Someone complained about the costumes for the 50th time to which Shiro responded, "We are the entertainment."