Chapter 10 Coffee by the sea

I know this person very well. Its my best friend debbie. Why did she change her phone number. But more importantly, why is she here? How does she know its me in there? I need to play dumb.

'It's good to see you again.' debbie said

'I'm sorry, who are you exactly.' I responded

'You know that I know everything. Grant told me everything. Grant is in your body.'

'Fine you caught me. How is everything.'

'Good I guess. Grant is happy as you. I haven't seen you smile like that in a long time. I knew that grant wasn't you. So I asked him for where you were and thats why im here now.'

'What do you want?'

'I want to be apart of your life and I was hoping....'

'Hoping for what? So I get back to my old life. My empty life. I have lost everything and now I have a second chance. You want to take that away from.'

'No that's now what I...'

'Its over. The old me is dead, this is the new me.'

I walked out of the cafe. I felt like I was having an adrenaline rush. It was like a scene in manchester by the sea.I can't believe that I just did that. This was hard, but it needed to happen. My old life is done. As I was leaving, I heard shouting behind me.

'Wait.' debbie shouted

'What.' I said

'I know that you lost everything. I was standing by your side every step of the way. Do you honestly thing I enjoyed watching you suffer? Look, I can't wave a magic wand and make everything better. But I can help you. I have been by your side before and now I want to be there for you now.'

'Alright, meet me at the tux place after school.' Then, I walked away.