Best Day Ever

Your POV

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, but chose to ignore it. The sweet soft feeling of the bed wouldn't allow me to get up in the morning. The tapping gradually got faster, until I was eventually forcefully shaken awake.

"Alright, alright I'm awake!" I groaned. "What time is it-"

I was greeted by two silver eyes as I opened mine, I lay silent for a few seconds before deciding to speak up.

"It's not that I don't mind being woken up by my silver angel, but what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"That's very sweet of you," she smiled, it eventually faded into a frown. "But everyone left, they're all in the cafeteria eating breakfast."

"Why didn't they wake me up?" I said a bit upset.

"They tried," Ruby giggled. "You slept like a log."

I sat up straight before letting out another yawn. Ruby approached and hugged me, her warmth gave me comfort. She eventually let go and threw my uniform at me.

"Come on sleepy head, we better get going!" she nagged. "I'm going to have a big announcement!"

"Announcement?" I asked curiously.

Ruby nodded and held up a thick white binder full of papers, the words "Vytal Festival Activities, Property of Weiss Schnee" has been heavily crossed out by a red marker and underneath the words "Best Day Ever Activities" were written.

"Did you take Weiss' binder?" I said sweat dropping.

"I'm not a crook." she scoffed. "Besides, this will be fun!"

I sighed in defeat before giving a thumbs up, I went into the bathroom to change before we both made our way towards the cafeteria. Team RWBY, JNPR and my team were sitting on one table and what looked like Nora was constantly throwing food at Yang, who always caught it. Etsuki decided to join in and threw more food, only for Perseus to intercept and catch it as well. Wintria and Pyrrah seem to have a conversation as well. We both reach the table, as Ruby decided to slam the entire binder down getting everyone's attention as she called us out one-by-one.

"Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream." she continued her speech.

"This ought to be good." Yang said amused, before catching what seemed to be a berry in her mouth.

"A dream that one day, the four of us will come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had... Ever!" she emphasized the last word.

"Did you steal my binder?" Weiss came into realization.

Ruby then made 'peace signs' on her hands before saying that she wasn't a crook.

"Now why does that sound familiar?" I let out a short laugh.

Ruby looked at me, and pouted. She looked adorable.

"Hey, it was just a joke." I reassured her.

"What are you talking about anyway?" Blake asked her.

"I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!" Ruby said pointing at her.

"I always kick my semesters off with a Yang!" Yang joked. "Eh? Guys? Am I right?"

She received an awkward silence, before she got pelted by an apple that Nora threw at her.

"Look guys, it's been a good two weeks and between more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great!" she explained. "But, classes start back up tomorrow! Which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful event for us today."