Unfolded Past

Your POV

My team and I were in our room, discussing methods on how to keep track of the three transfer students. So far.. it's not going as smoothly as I hoped.

"We should've been in Professor Port's class half an hour ago!" Wintria bursted out.

"Hey, look relax." I reassured her. "Ozpin said that it was alright and that he'd inform Port about out current 'assignment'."

She eventually gave in with a scoff before heading towards her closet. Etsuki on the other hand teleported back into the room with snacks.

"What?" she said munching on some chips. "You guys were arguing for hours."

Perseus shook his head before grabbing some chips for himself.

"Anyway, here's the plan."

I took out a whiteboard and started explaining my elaborate and fool-proof plan on tracking those three haven transfer students.

"So what do you guys think?" I grinned proudly.

"Well, it looks like a bunch of doodles with us having a scrap fight in the end." Perseus bluntly stated.

Wintria stood up and pushed me away from the whiteboard.

"Alright listen up, since our leader here is too incompetent to properly make a proper layout, I'll do it for him." she stuck her tongue out.

I scoffed but ended up listening instead, like I had a choice.

"Since all of the students participating in the event are all staying on the other side of the building, they'd get suspicious if we suddenly started hanging out in that area. The best way we can do actual surveillance is when they leave their room." she explained.

"That's the problem," I pointed out. "We don't know when they're planning to leave, nor do we have enough time to wait. We're probably only excused for the day."

"Then why would Professor Ozpin even give us this task if it's only for a day?" Etsuki commented.

"Or he's probably giving us time to think of something." Perseus added. "We can use the day to properly layout the entire building."

"Nah, that would take too long." Etsuki groaned. "Give me a sec."

Etsuki teleported out of the room and came back a few seconds after. She handed us a scroll with the entire building layout on it.

"Etsuki! Where in the world did you get this!?" I asked with clear concern.

I flipped the scroll over to see the school's logo on the back.

"Did you take this from Ozpin's office!?"

Etsuki smiled and simply nodded before jumping onto her bed.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind." I said plugging it into my laptop.

It didn't take too long before I was able to copy the entire blueprint, as well as gave myself access to the school record list.

"That's odd," I said scrolling through the transfer students. "I can't find their records anywhere."

"You think Ozpin has access to the records from the other academies?" Wintria asked.

Not to my surprise, he does. We went through all the student records of Haven, checking them out one by one. Due to the sheer number of students in Haven, we decided to take shifts on checking each record for any match.

"Find anything yet?" I asked Etsuki.

"Nope, we've only been through the records of 875 students.." she sighed.