Forgiveness

Ruby's POV

It's been over four hours since the rescue, and we still haven't gotten any updates regarding (Y/N)'s condition. I lay on my bed, waiting for my scroll to ring, worried about what might happen to him. 

"You need to relax," I said to myself. "(Y/N)'s is in good hands."

I kept reassuring myself over and over again, but the more I kept thinking about his condition, the worse my thoughts got. The other's must've either had enough or noticed this, as they started approaching me.

"It's going to be fine Ruby," Yang spoke up. "He's a tough guy, he's handled way worse from what we've heard form Ozpin."

"And besides, we can't exactly ask the doctors to rush his operation." Weiss added.

"I have an idea." Blake said as she placed her book down. "Why don't we just wait at the infirmary?"

I felt happy after hearing her suggestion, while at the same time fell out of my bed out of excitement.

"Be careful you dunce," Weiss sighed. "We don't need you ending up in the hospital as well."

I let out a nervous smile before composing myself.

Your POV

My eyes shot open, as I tried to make out my surroundings. I was on a bed with a heart monitor and an IV strapped onto me. I tried to sit up but felt a searing pain on my stomach region.

"Right, I stupidly ran off into the forest." I said looking at the bandages. "They must hate me for what I did..."

I heard a knock on my door and a nurse entered.

"Oh, Good!" she greeted. "You're awake!"

She walked to the side of my bed and inspected the hospital equipment latched onto me and wrote something down on a clipboard.

"Excuse me, but.. how did I get here?" I asked. "Who brought me here?"

She stopped writing and placed the clipboard down beside me.

"You're a lucky young man, you know that?" she simply smiled.

"I don't understand...?" I said confused.

"Your friends risked their lives looking for you in that forest." she answered.

My eyes widened at what she said, why would they save me after what I did?

"I can tell something happened must've happened between you and them," she gently grabbed my shoulder. "But they did everything to get you back here."

Ruby's POV

We stopped by the cafeteria to pick up something to eat, we decided to bring (Y/N) some food in case he was hungry. As we were about to pay, I felt my scroll ring and saw a text pop up.

"Guys..." I meekly said.

"Enough cookies 'sis." Yang said a bit irritated. "We already have-"

"(Y/N)'s awake!" I interrupted her.

Your POV

"And done!" the nurse said pocketing her scroll. "I've informed your team, as well as the leaders of the other two that helped with them."

"O-Other two...?" I stuttered.

"They should be arriving soon, I'll let the doctor know that you've woken up as well." she waved before leaving the room.