Stocking Up

Your POV

Despite the intruder getting away, the rest of the dance went well. Although, something's been bothering me, I can't shake the feeling that she seemed too familiar.

"They were here..." the general began raising his voice "Ozpin, they were here!"

"You said you could handle it, yet you didn't find the infiltrator." I glared at his general direction.

"That's enough Mr. (L/N)," Ms. Goodwitch intervened.

"As for you, James." she gestured towards Ironwood. "We're very much aware of that, thank you!"

"Fantastic!" he yelled. "You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and ignore what's right in front of us!?"

"Says the person who let them go." I commented.

Ironwood shot me a glare, which I gladly returned.

"You have to give him credit, James." Ozpin took a sip from his mug. "He and Ms. Rose did manage to fend off the intruder, despite still being in training. The level of skill the masked woman displayed, however, this wasn't their first time doing such a task."

 Ozpin shut off the footage of last night's tussle, as the elevator door opened, revealing Ruby.

"Come in." Ozpin told Ruby to step into his office.

"Sorry it took so long." she apologized. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the way up here. It wasn't me.

I rolled my eyes as she stood beside me.

"To think that you told me to get here early." I nudged her.

"Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?" Ozpin asked her.

"Okay, I guess." she glanced at me. "I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three."

I pull her near me, reassuring her.

"Ruby, (Y/N)..." Ironwood spoke up. "I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a huntress and huntsman is all about. You recognized a threat, took action. You did the best you could."

I felt my phone rang as I got a message from Perseus.

"I may have to excuse myself," I apologized. "My team needs me at the moment."

"It's alright Mr. (L/N), you've told us more than enough information already." Ozpin nodded.

"Just text me if you need anything." I gave Ruby a quick peck on her head before making my way out of Ozpin's office.

~10 minutes later~

I ran towards my dorm as fast as I could, dodging every student that was in my way. I took a sharp turn, nearly hitting the wall as I grabbed for the door and quickly slammed it open.

"ALRIGHT ETSUKI LET GO OF MY-" I stood clueless at the door frame, with my hand still on the doorknob. "There's no one in the room?"

I slowly walk inside, gently shutting the door behind me. I scanned the room, to see if Etsuki was hiding anywhere.

"Nothing." I said walking towards the window. I gently open it and let the cool breeze hit my face. I close the window once more sighed.

"Well, guess I should head ba-AHHH!"

I got startled as I saw Etsuki standing right in front of me. 

"Hey!" she giggled. "Watcha doin?"