Unfolded Past II

Your POV

"It's all my fault."

You spot an angry Ursa growling at you. Its eyes are glowing a bright red.

"I should've never agreed to go on that mission." I could feel anger beginning to surge through me.

The Ursa began charging towards your direction as it let out a spine-chilling roar.

"If it weren't for my uselessness in battle,"

The Grimm pounces at you with full force.

"They would still be here."

The surrounding area began to tremble as your semblance had been activated. Just before the Ursa could take a bite out of your head, branches, stones and other debris impaled it from different angles causing it to stop just inches away from your face.

~Flashback~

"Don't worry (Y/N), we'll get you in top shape in no time!" our leader encouraged me. "Our mission is to clear the Grimm that began swarming the coastline not far from here. According to Professor Lionheart, there shouldn't be too many of them."

The professor wasn't kidding, there were only about 10 Grimm swarming the coastline. The mission seemed liked a walk in the park.

"Well that's the last of 'em," Logan said as he slashed the Grimm's neck.

"Has to be a new record chief, we cleared the beach in less than 8 minutes." Ryan claimed excitedly. "(Y/N) did a pretty good job controlling his semblance, didn't he Mia?"

Mia nodded and took my hand, dragging me towards the other two.

"If you ever feel down or useless, remember," she pulled us all into a group hug. "We're not giving up until you mastered your semblance!"

She received a simultaneous cheer, as we all made our way back towards the Bullhead's general direction.

~Flashback ends~

"It's creatures like you that take the lives of the innocent."

I punched it on the face, causing it to let out an angry growl.

"It's creatures like you that lead to the deaths of those who sacrificed their lives to maintain order."

I said taking another punch at its ugly face, agitating it even more.

~Flashback continues~

"Bullhead should be just around this-" Logan's sentence was cut short as the ground began shaking as a King Taijitu bursts out of the ground knocking Logan into a huge boulder.

"Logan!" Ryan shouted, as he ran towards the Grimm, slashing at it from all directions.

"Come on (Y/N), let's get Logan out of there!"

Mia and I ran, dodging the serpent's attacks, while at the same time dodging Ryan being flung towards our general direction.

"How are you holding up!?" Mia screamed at him. "I can buy more time, just get him ou-"

We all stare in disbelief as the Grimm bit down on Ryan, causing him to scream in agony. Mia ran up the Grimm's head, stabbing its eyes multiple times however, it wouldn't let go of him.

I take Logan behind the boulder and ran towards the very large Grimm, firing and punching at its body. The Grimm must've taken enough damage as it let go of Ryan, disappearing back into its hole.