Remember The Girl?

It's you, because no one else makes sense.

- perry poetry

"Ian, no please, this is really expensive. I don't even like it that much." Lisa said trying to convince him of buying the most expensive ring in the store.

"Nonsense, I saw your eyes when you saw this ring. You love it and hence this is the final one." Ian answered as he took Lisa's hand in his and smoothly kissed her knuckles."And this looks fabulous on you."

"Thank you,"Lisa, answered as her cheeks went red from his compliment. "But I still can't let you buy this." She insisted as she tried to take her hand from his hold, trying to remove the ring. Before she could even touch her ring, Ian took hold of her hand again.

"You listen to me. This ring looks beautiful on you and you seemed to love it at the very first sight. I am very well capable of providing my future wife she likes. So just accept it, please. This will be my first gift to you." Ian said as he almost pouted looking at Lisa. She couldn't help the giggle that escaped from her mouth, seeing him pout. He looked cute, with his dimple on full display. She couldn't say no anymore. 

"Okay," she answered meekly nodding her head. "But this is the very last gift." She sternly warned him pointing her finger at him.

Ian almost laughed at how cute the girl looked when she tried to be serious. He couldn't understand, why was he so attracted to the innocent beauty, he just met two days ago.

"Sure, sweetheart" Ian answered sarcastically while he very well knew that this was not the last time. Ian paid for the ring as he took the ring with him. He planned on exchanging those on their wedding date. 

"So list-" Ian started but was interrupted when his phone started ringing. He told Lisa that this was important and picked up the call moving a little far from her. She really couldn't explain how she got here. She just met the man yesterday and they were talking as if they have known each other for a lifetime. The stupid smile just took the moment to form on her face.

"I hope that smile is for me," Ian said as he was again standing close to her. 

"Uhm... sorry... I mean-"

"You get flustered so easily, love. It's toxic, you know." He genuinely laughed as he moved yet again close to her. He gently moved his knuckles against her cheeks making her fall more into his warmth. 

"I have an important meeting now, therefore I need to leave, otherwise we would have done something about those red cheeks of yours," Ian said as he moved forward and placed a tender kiss on both of her cheeks. The warmth she felt from him being close to her was unexplainable; she could just merely nod, still enjoying the comfort. 

"Come on, I will drop you home," Ian said as he moved away from her, taking her hand to walk towards the car.

*******************************************************************************************

"Argh! Not again!" Lisa yelled in frustration as she ripped another piece of canvas in front of her. This was her fourth attempt to draw the scenery for her upcoming exhibition but she couldn't just focus. Every time she tried to draw anything Ian face pops in the view, this was getting annoying for her. 

She still hasn't talked to him after he dropped her off after getting the ring. No calls, no text, no information. She felt confused as to why hasn't he tried to contact her. Her conscience was telling her to drop the ego and call him but even if she did call him what will she say?

'Hey, I am the girl you are getting married this weekend, you remember? Or try the girl who you haven't talked with for more than four days. Oh, by the way, I am fine even if you didn't ask. And as stupid as it sounds I can't draw anything. Well because I can't get your stupid face out of my head. That's all, see you at the wedding. Bye.'

She didn't get why she was feeling this way. She had no right to question him, yet again ask him about his whereabouts. So what if they were getting married, he was practically still a stranger. The date of the wedding was a day after tomorrow; she was called for every arrangement check because her father didn't have time. Not that she minds anything but she still believed that she would be able to Ian somehow because of the work. But to her very disappointment that didn't happen. 

She checked the time; it was seven in the morning. There are times when she gets late with work and sleeps in the studio, it was not like anyone was waiting for her to be back. Elena leaves in the evening and her father; he doesn't even bother. She immediately collected her phone and other belongings and started to head home. Her studio was an hour drive away from her house, which was fine by her. She liked being alone at times; this was her escape. 

She could hear her father voice coming from inside the house. It was not unusual for her. She has witnessed her father many times like this, not even once he asked about her whereabouts. It was like it didn't matter to him. Though Lisa was used to this treatment, her heart still wished that at least once, he could show her just a little concern. But she knew the reality and she had accepted it very long ago.

"Lisa! How would you be this irresponsible?!" Liam shouted at her daughter who was entering the house very quietly. For the first time in such a long time, she heard her father acknowledge her in the morning. Maybe, this time he was concerned. 

"What happened, dad?" Lisa couldn't hide the surprise in her voice. She was waiting for him to scold her about getting late and not informing him. 

"Get ready in an hour. Elena is already waiting for you in your room, she will help you." Her father stated and started scrolling down his phone. 

"Ready for what dad?" Lisa was getting even more confused. What did he want her to be dressed up for? 

"The wedding Lisa, get ready for your wedding. It is happening today, that too in three hours from now."