Just This Chance

"Did you like the flowers?" Ian asked moving forward, trying not to hide the giant smile on his face.

"Really? Is this your idea of casual conversation." Lisa asked rolling her eyes at him. Her anger stood up when she heard a little laughter escape from Ian's mouth.

"What the hell do you want Ian?" She asked in anger. "Actually, don’t answer that because I am getting out of here." She responded stepping back and reaching the knob to open the door.

"Common open up" she grunted trying to pull the door hard.

"Damn it!" She shouted after a good amount of time.

"Are you done?" Ian asked placing his crossed hands behind. He never understood what was so special about this girl, until now. Everything she did was special. She was so simple and composed. She never complained about anything nor did she demanded anything. She was so strong. With everything that has been happening in her life, she had been dealing with it like a tigress.

"What kind of game is this Ian? Open the door! Marie! Open it!"

"She is not here, Lisa and stop shouting, I am not going to kill you here. Relax." Ian responded opening a button of his well-polished blue court.

"Um... And who says I can trust you with that. You might want to kill me to get my father's property." She responded in her conscience still pushing the door.

"I would never to that." He responded with certainty clear on his face. "Also, I got you here for a purpose, so you might as well want to stop shouting at the door and face me."

"What another purpose you might have now?" Lisa asked frustrated pushing herself away from the door and facing him.

"You might want to close your eyes," Ian suggested moving forward to give her the blindfold.

"I don’t need it, just show whatever you want and let me go." She answered stubbornly crossing her hands across her chest.

"Alright, I won’t force you on this. But can you just close your eyes for a second, please?" Ian pleaded.

"Okay but only because you are irritating me now." She answered closing her eyes for a slight second before Ian asked her to open them and look around.

There was a canvas lying in front of her and many of the colours and brushes she uses placed around the place. There were pictures she made, pinned on the walls.

'How did she not see it before?' She questioned herself.

"Because you were too busy cursing the door." He answered on her behalf "And yes you said it aloud."

"Why does this look familiar to my studio?" She asked moving forward taking in the hold of the smooth brushes kept along the paints.

"That is because it was made by keeping in mind your studio. I told you I will make you a studio in the house and so I did." Ian responded confidently. He had put a lot of effort into making the place feel like her studio.

"When did you do this?" She asked looking at him with an unsure look on her face.

"Before we left for Paris I called all the people needed and instructed them to design it according to your style. Do you like it?" What does she even answer? The place was gorgeous, all the paintings colour sheets were here. But before she could say anything a piece caught her eye.

"How did you get it?" She asked pacing towards the very familiar piece of art. It was the same sheet she showed him the day she showed him the studio.

"I thought that maybe now that you have it in your house you might be able to work it out and complete it" he answered smiling. A bitter giggle escaped from Lisa’s lips.

"And do you think all of this is going to make my heart melt? Well, think twice." She answered pushing the palate of colours down on the floor with her foot. Her reacting like this was not what he was expecting. He thought that she would be jumping up and down with joy.

"Would you just stop it? Look I am trying. I made a mistake and I am sorry for it. And I would continue to apologise until you forgive me but for any of that to happen you need to give me a chance." Ian answered honestly placing his hands on her shoulder making her look in her eyes.

"You won’t be disappointed this time. I promise." He continued moving his fingers to tuck her hair behind her ear.

"Stop." She said as she stepped back making his hand fall. "This is no film story, it’s real life. Hear what you are saying. Until yesterday you wanted my property and now suddenly you want to make it up to me? And you want me to believe it too. I may have been stupid from the start putting my trust in you but I certainly don’t want to repeat the same mistake twice."

"Then ask me! Just ask me whatever you want. I will tell you the exact truth but just listen to my reasons." Ian shouted trying to put his point forward.

"One chance is all I am asking for Lisa, let me explain everything and then you decide what you want to do. If you want to be free, I will not stop you but the only thing I ask you is to listen to me." Ian promised with a heavy heart. He didn't know if his reasons would be enough to stop her from leaving. He certainly did knew that he had to give it a shot.

"Okay fine! I will listen. But you get only this chance. Tell me whatever you want, but it should be the truth." She conditioned taking a seat on the very sofa in front of her.

"Thank you," Ian responded pulling the chair and placing himself in front of her.

"So it all started one month before the wedding..."