Hey, wife

What you are to me has no understanding, unless you can understand what forever an infinity really mean.

- A.R.Asher

"W what? But the wedding is supposed to be in two days." Lisa stuttered as she could already feel her body shaking from shock. 

"Don't be so dramatic Lisa. You just have to get ready and say I do, that's it. All the arrangements have been already done, so let's just get this over." Liam answered placing himself on the couch, not even bothering to calm his now almost trembling daughter. 

"But dad it's too soon. Some of the guests still need to be invited and some of-"

"Didn't you just hear me? I said the arrangements have been done. James and I have a very important meeting on the wedding day and that old hag is so thrilled to see his son get married he asked to cancel the wedding. So, of course, that is not going to happen, therefore the wedding will happen today itself so that I can leave tomorrow for the meeting. Also, I have informed the Arthurs' about the same and they have agreed so don't waste my time anymore and get ready." Liam said and strolled out of the room. 

"B b...but, I... I d don't..." Lisa could just stutter, still not believing that this was the reality. She was getting married today. Although to her father this was just a deal, an arrangement to get money, but for her, this was still a wedding. They are meant to exchange vows in front of hundreds of people, even though fake vows, but nevertheless they are promises.

"Lisa? Is it you, honey?" Elena asked from upstairs, probably from Lisa's room. 

"There you are. Come on, let's get you ready." Elena delicately tugged her arm, moving Lisa along with her, taking her to the room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time had come. The dream, the reality, the illusion, whatever it was, was now standing in front of her. Lisa could see Ian standing near the priest, along with his best man. He was dressed in an elegant black suit. His hair was different from the last time she had seen him.

She wanted to find a hint of confusion or reluctance on his face but she found nothing

She wanted to find a hint of confusion or reluctance on his face but she found nothing. Instead, as soon as his eyes met her, he passed her a heart-warming smile, as if telling her that he was here for her. Somehow finding relaxation in his smile, she started moving down the aisle; with her father now holding on to her. 

Ian couldn't comprehend the words to describe, how beautiful Lisa looked dressed in her wedding gown. She was like a beautiful angel, who decided to enter his life and knock him off his feet. He could see how scared she was. It was not her fault, he felt the same uneasiness but something told him, that it was going to be fine. Maybe, the innocent brown eyes, that now stood in front of her. 

As soon as Ian took Lisa's hand from her father, he knew he was ready for this. All the time, the priest continued to say something both of them couldn't take their eyes off each other.

"Now the bride may speak her vows," The priest said bringing Lisa out of her world, which was lost in Ian's blue eyes. She hadn't had the time to prepare something good because of the quick wedding but she still didn't want to disappoint. 

"Ian," she started peacefully coughing a little to continue "if some time ago, someone would have told me that I would find a person who would make me smile from his mere existence, I would have laughed at that person or taught him about reality. But then you barged in my life and without even my notice you made your place in my heart and thus in my life. You are a very special person to me Ian and I really wish that it would stay the same. First, you are my friend then my husband, I promise to be faithful and loving towards you. I promise to acknowledge your family like mine and love them the same. I will be there for you in your every achievement and failure and not once, I will move my back to you". Lisa finished still looking at Ian. She knew the wedding was fake; in fact, everything else was as well but for the world, they were in love and were happily getting married. She didn't want to speak about fake promises, therefore, she settled for a small yet an honest vow. No matter what happens, she could at least be his friend and hence support him through everything. 

"Lisa, the first time I saw you, I couldn't help myself but fall for the magic in those eyes of yours. I never believed in commitment or promises, but me standing here is a worthy proof of how much you have changed me. Though just in a little time, you have such an impact in my life that I couldn't even describe. I assure you that I would make you happy, uplift you whenever you are down, let you know I am there whenever you need me. It's just a starting love, just remember I just found you and I am not going to ever let you go." Ian spoke his vow tenderly. He knew he was not in love with her just now, but he certainly had taken a great liking towards her. There was no lie in his promise; he knew he would be honest with her, no matter what happens. 

They gradually exchanged the rings as the hall burst in claps. The pastor asked for them to calmly repeat after him.

"I, Lisa Grace Black, take you, Ian William Arthur, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." 

"I, Ian William Arthur, take you, Lisa Grace Black, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." 

"Forasmuch as bride and groom have consented together in holy matrimony, and have pledged their love and loyalty to each other, and have declared the same by the joining and the giving of rings, by the power vested in me, and as witnessed by friends and family, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Ian moved ahead taking in the hold of her now wife face, leaning forward to place a tender kiss on her lips. As soon as he placed his lips on hers, she could feel the fireworks taking place. The feeling was so different from whatever she had felt before. This was special, it was a precious movement. As soon as the moment came, it was gone. 

"Hey, wife" Ian whispered in Lisa's ear as he placed his forehead attached to hers. Lisa grinned at the gesture along with her now husband.

The story had just opened on the very first page.