You Are Perfect

Everyone in life is gonna hurt you, you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.

-Erica Baican

Putting up the last pin on her hair, Lisa was finally ready. The dress that Ian sent was a sexy floor length red color dress. It was a sleeveless v neck one, something Lisa was wearing for the very first time. She wasn't a very confident person. Mainly because of her father's bitter comment on most of her dresses or shorts. Showing off her body was something she hadn't done in a long time. But the perplexity of Ian not liking the dress on her and getting disgusted by it was still disturbing her.

 But the perplexity of Ian not liking the dress on her and getting disgusted by it was still disturbing her

'Why couldn't she pull off a simple dress?' She thought to herself. She was so busy in her own thoughts that she didn't even notice Ian enter the room until he was standing right beside her while she stood in front of the mirror. 

The sight was intoxicating. Ian couldn't clasp on the fact that how a person can be this innocent and still manage to look this hot in a simple dress. He was certain that red-suited her, not that she didn't look good in any other color but she was looking like a total seductress dressed in red. The things he wanted to do to her were unexplainable. For now, he just wanted to pull her towards him or throw her on the bed and ravish her all night. But he didn't want to rush anything. He wanted to give her the time to be ready. He tenderly put his hands across her waist pulling her towards him, earning a gasp of surprise from Lisa making him smirk. 

"What are you doing baby?" Ian whispered in her ear, gently taking her earlobe in his mouth before nibbling it. 

"W what?" Ian was delighted to see the effect he had on her. It was like she couldn't control herself when he was around. At least the feelings were mutual. 

"You look so gorgeous in this dress, love." Ian complimented before placing his chin on her shoulder looking directly in the mirror making an eye contact with her. The tension was so thick in the air, that it seemed like it was possible to cut it with a knife. 

"You don't understand the things you do to me, Lisa," Ian muttered smiling genuinely at her. The display was perfect and so were both of them for each other.

****

"Mr. Arthur ! Here sir! Face this side please, sir! Mam! Mrs. Arthur !" The media were shouting as Ian and Lisa both passed the carpet. Lisa who was not very used to such situation was holding on tight to Ian's arm, who seem to have no problem holding her close. They both looked like a picture-perfect couple, proving to why they were the hottest couple in the entertainment world right now. 

"I think that's enough. Thank you!" Ian shouted as he tugged Lisa's arm moving her to walk along with him. 

"You don't need to be scared of love. I will be there. Just don't try to leave my sight possibly for more than five minutes." Ian whispered in Lisa's ear putting his arm around her waist. Lisa just nodded in agreement and continued to move towards the party.

A gasp escaped her mouth as she entered the hall. The party was elegant with supremacy present in every corner of the room. The men were wearing expensive suits while the women were dressed in gorgeous dresses, along with most beautiful jewelry. She hadn't been to many of such events in her life. The only time she attended an event with her father, she ended up embarrassing him by spilling a glass of champagne on his sponsor. She had a pretty good idea, something of the sought could also happen today. 

"I am not good at parties Ian. I am already saying sorry if I spoil something for you today." Lisa warned him without trying to make an eye contact. 

"I would love to see you try baby. You are perfect. But even if you do something clumsy no one will be saying anything to you. Understood? And I am serious Lisa, don't leave my sight." Ian warned as he chuckled a little, tightening his hold to let her know that he was there for her. Lisa was grateful for the gesture. 

"Ahh! Mr. Ian Arthur is here, what a sight". A man said walking towards them. He seemed to be in his late forties'. "And who might this young lady be?" He asked passing a gracious smile to Lisa. 

"Mr. Miller, how are you, sir?" Ian greeted moving forward to shake hands with the man. "This is my wife Lisa sir. Lisa this is nick miller, he is one of our business partners." Ian introduced as he placed his hand back on her waist. 

"Aha! You are the famous Lisa everyone is talking about. You have taken quite a toll on this man, Lisa and that too in such a short time. It's an honor to meet you." Nick said as he took Lisa's hand and placed a tender kiss on it. Lisa smiled warmly at the man and greeted him a good evening. 

"I am sorry to separate both of you but the sponsors are asking for you, Ian. You need to come with me. Meanwhile umm" Nick said as he looked around before calling out for one person. "Cole come here boy! He is your husband assistant. I guess he could accompany you for a while until we are finished." He completed while Cole came in view.

"Oh no, Nick I think Lisa would be fine with me. She is-" 

"It's fine sir. Ian you can go. I will see you in a while." She cut Ian off before moving a little bit away removing his hand from her waist. She didn't want to cause any trouble in the business for him. She didn't want to be called a liability pulling him back. 

"That's great! Cole, do you mind accompanying Lisa for a while?" Nick asked the confused looking Cole, who was still trying to figure out the whole scene. 

"Of course sir, I wouldn't mind." He smiled at Lisa gesturing his hand forward for her to move ahead. 

Lisa looked at Ian who was already staring at her but it was not the usual way, he looked at her. It was like he was angry at her or warning her to move a foot forward. Doing the exact opposite she took hold of Cole's hand moving forward, away from them. She didn't understand where this confidence came from but she was certain with the look Ian gave, she was in trouble.