three

"what the fuck is wrong with you?"

yoongi had left a few hours after he and jimin had woken up, around two in the afternoon. it was now six. and jimin hadn't spoken to anyone or done anything for the entire time since he left.

jihyun scoffed as his eyes landed on his brother, sat in the kitchen. he walked in and slid into the seat next to him, poking his arm to get his attention.

"i'm fine," jimin grumbled, digging his spoon into the tub of ice cream he had in front of him.

jihyun rolled his eyes and rested his head on his hands. "bullshit. you've been like this since yoongi left. and that was four hours ago."

"like what?" the older huffed, but he knew exactly what his brother meant. he'd avoided his family as much as possible, locking himself in his room for two hours and only coming out when his parents left.

"you haven't done anything today." jihyun frowned. he snatched the spoon away from jimin and scooped up a large chunk of ice cream, looking expectantly at him as he shoved it in his mouth.

"yeah i have!" jimin protested. "i've... listened to music. and i re-read my uhm, diary sort of thing? and now i'm eating. so i have done stuff."

jihyun rolled his eyes again and let out a frustrated sigh. "hyung, you were playing sad love songs for two hours. i could hear you crying from my room." jimin opened his mouth to deny it, but gave up as he saw the look on the younger's face.

"and i know your 'diary thing' are those letters. don't look so shocked, i've known about them for a while. i snuck into your room once and they were there so i read them." he grinned, eating another spoonful and playfully licking his lips.

jimin's eyes widened and his mouth fell open. no fucking way. his brother had known about his letters? shit. had he told anyone?

"i, um— you what?"

jihyun just cackled and continued to eat the ice cream. jimin snatched the tub away angrily, glaring at his brother. he could feel his cheeks begin to heat up and his eyes were on the verge of watering. he couldn't believe his biggest secrets were never actually a secret.

jihyun glanced at jimin out of the corner of his eye, licking the spoon with an evil smirk on his face.
"so, have you written one for yoongi-hyung yet?"

and that was it for jimin. he suddenly burst into tears, covering his face with his hands and sobbing into them. hot tears streamed down his face as jihyun watched on in shock.

"shit, hyung i didn't mean to– sorry, it was meant to be a joke, did i say something wrong? oh god–"

"n-no, ji, it's not you... i just," jimin stuttered between sobs. this was so stupid, he couldn't believe he was actually having a full-on meltdown because his stupid crush likes someone else. "is it really obvious that i l-like him?"

jimin's brother awkwardly patted jimin's back, trying to comfort him. "sort of? but don't worry, yoongi-hyung's an idiot he probably doesn't know."

the older laughed shakily through his tears.
"so what happened to cause all of... this, then, hyung?" jihyun asked.

"it's stupid," jimin laughed bitterly. "yoongi said yesterday that he liked someone. and i couldn't stop thinking about it all night and i was still thinking about it when we woke up."

jihyun sighed and rolled his eyes. he placed his hands on his hips before he began to tidy away the ice cream and other various comfort foods jimin had been eating. "hyung. i love you lots. but you're a MASSIVE idiot."

jimin looked up, an annoyed look on his face. he opened his mouth to say something but his brother beat him to it.

"how do you know yoongi wasn't talking about you?"

jimin's mouth closed. and then opened again. he rested his chin on the palm of his hand and shook his head softly, his sad brown eyes fluttering shut in an attempt to stop any more tears from rushing down his pink cheeks.

"he wasn't."

jihyun let out an exasperated sigh, sliding into the seat next to him. "yeah but how do you know?"

"i don't know, the way he said it? and besides, why would we say he had a crush on me if i was right there?"

the younger just sighed again at his brother's stupidity. "but he always blushes around you. and stares at you when you're not looking."

"so? that doesn't mean he has a crush on me." jimin replied, glancing at jihyun and fiddling with the sleeves of his shirt.

"THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT YOU DO." the youngest almost screamed. jimin just let out a small laugh and looked down at the table.

"i just don't wanna get my hopes up then get rejected."  he wiped at his eyes with the ends of his sleeves, a sad smile on his face.

jihyun wrapped an arm around his brother's shoulders to comfort him. "i get it. sorry, hyung."

jimin was just about to tell him that it was okay when his phone started ringing. he pulled it out of his pocket, checking the caller i.d. yoongi. "i– i can't answer this right now, can you?" jimin asked, his teeth digging into his bottom lip in worry.

jihyun nodded and picked up the phone, clicking the green button and smiling. "hey yoongi-hyung! yeah, it's jihyun. oh, he's in the, uh– kitchen right now. yeah," jihyun glanced at jimin, giggling slightly. "oh, okay! see you then." he said, before hanging up.

jimin looked at him expectantly. a mischievous grin worked its way onto his brother's face and jimin couldn't help but feel a little nervous.

"yoongi-hyung is coming over at eleven."

jimin sat in shock for a moment, just staring at his brother. "a-are you serious? i can't see him! i'll probably burst into tears again!"

"no, it's a good idea! you can work out whether it's you he likes or not. and if not, you can try to begin to get over him." the younger smiled kindly. there was a hint of something else behind his eyes but jimin couldn't put his finger on it.

he sighed and nodded, albeit reluctantly. "okay, fine. but if i start crying or something equally embarrassing, i'm killing you."

"deal." jihyun laughed, and held out his hand. jimin was about to shake it, when he suddenly remembered the day before. nice doing business with you, park.

and jimin started crying again.

"what the fuck is wrong now?"

sorry for not updating for ages and sorry this chaps really bad !! i hate it lol 🤪 updates are gonna be a lOt slower now so sorry about that too :// bbut we got 100 votes!!! yeehaw!!! thank you for commenting and voting,, it makes me so happy to see yall enjoying this 🤧💖💖