four

"so, can i see it?"

it'd been an hour, and jimin had (mostly) recovered from his emotional episode. him and his brother had finished off the ice cream and were currently lying on jimin's bed, scrolling through their phones mindlessly.

"see what?" jimin replied, putting his phone down and glancing over to jihyun.

"the letter to yoongi." he smirked, sitting up and crossing his legs. jimin glared at him but nodded anyway. it's not like he had anything to lose.

"speaking of, yoongi's coming round in an hour so you might want to have a shower or something. you stink."
jimin just childishly stuck his tongue out at his brother. he grabbed a hoodie and a pair of shorts from his wardrobe before walking over to his desk. slowly, he opened the drawer and pulled out the letter.

"you better not make fun of me for this." he frowned, but jihyun just cheekily smiled back.

"i won't, i promise hyung."

"i'm going to have a shower, see you in a minute. don't you dare bully me because of that letter. or expose me, either." jimin warned. the younger just laughed and shooed jimin away and into the bathroom.

jimin turned on the shower, waiting for it to warm up. he softly hummed a tune to himself as he undressed, before climbing in to the shower. twenty minutes later, he got out and did his daily skincare routine, making sure to look extra nice for yoongi. he pulled on his hoodie and shorts and checked his hair in the mirror. he looked cute. smiling to himself, jimin opened the bathroom door and walked down the hall back to his room.

little did he know, his efforts to look nice would all go to waste.

"oh jimin, yoongi-hyung is here!" jihyun shouted from somewhere downstairs. jimin frowned, confused. wasn't yoongi coming at eleven?

jimin pushed open the door to his room, shaking his head to dry out the rest of his hair. when he looked up, a look of shock settled on his face. yoongi was in his room.

"hyung! what are you doing here? i thought you were supposed to come at eleven." jimin cut himself off as something in yoongi's hand caught his eye. it was a piece of paper.

the older stared at him for a moment, a range of different emotions flickering across his face for a second before it went completely blank. "is this a joke?"

oh no. oh fucking no. it was the piece of paper. jimin's fingers began to nervously fiddle with the sleeves of his hoodie, his hands shaking slightly and his eyes wide.

"y-yoongi–"

"did taehyung tell you to do this?" yoongi looked... well, jimin couldn't tell. his face showed no emotion, his voice monotone. but his eyes seemed to be full of anger and confusion.

"why would he...?" jimin began to ask, but closed his mouth as yoongi glared at him.

"i– jimin, why did you write this?" yoongi sighed, avoiding the question. jimin looked down, his cheeks flushing red and his eyes beginning to water. yoongi seemed disappointed, almost... disgusted. he was disgusted at the thought of the letter being real. jimin wanted to cry. yoongi didn't like him. he knew he shouldn't have agreed to let him come today – he should have followed his gut feeling. he let out a shaky breath, blinking back his tears before he looked back up to meet yoongi's eyes.

"i-it was a joke." jimin managed to stutter out. he wanted to scream, to curl up into a ball and disappear, for the floor to open up and swallow him and his embarrassment.

"a joke?" yoongi scoffed. he looked at the letter in his hand with disdain, as if he wanted it to burn to a crisp right there. jimin wouldn't mind that either, to be honest.

"s-sorry," jimin whispered, his legs shaking and heart shattering. "you weren't supposed to see it."

"i wish i hadn't." yoongi spat. he took one last look at jimin, before crumpling up the letter in his hand and throwing it back onto the bed. the younger thought he saw a flash of sadness behind the other's angry gaze, but it was probably just his mind playing tricks.

and with that, yoongi left.

jimin could hear him storming down the stairs and jihyun asking what was wrong. the front door slammed shut and the noise reverberated around the whole house, widening the already enormous crack in jimin's heart until it was completely broken in two. he sunk to the floor, wrapping his arms around himself. his face crumpled, just like the letter had in yoongi's fist. yoongi. did he really find jimin that disgusting? was the thought of him being in love with him really that repulsive? jimin had thought they were friends, that yoongi enjoyed being around him. he thought that there was something else though, a special bond – and he thought yoongi felt it too. apparently not. he shouldn't have ever got his hopes up. he squeezed his eyes shut and clamped a hand over his mouth to try and hold back his sobs, but to no avail. the earthquake that shattered his heart caused a tsunami of tears to flow from his eyes, streaming down his cheeks and destroying any last bit of hope he might've had. pitiful cries escaped his mouth, the sleeves of his hoodie now soaked as he covered his face. why did he always have to fall for the wrong people? why did nobody ever like him back? was he really that unlovable? his chest heaved as he inhaled deeply, willing the tears to stop. but they wouldn't, every exhale was a sob, yoongi's words stuck on repeat in his head, not letting him ever have a moment to calm himself down or to collect his thoughts. jimin wrapped his arms even tighter around himself, pulling his knees up to his chest and burying his face into them. his head throbbed in pain. and so did his heart.
i wish i hadn't. i wish i hadn't. i wish i hadn't.

1K???? thank you so much lovelies!!!
💓💘💕💖💞💗
i know it isn't really that big of a number, but like whew 🤧 i didn't expect this to get many reads at all so thank you! 💘💘

also?? namjoon's speech at the un thing??? i'm in tears??? i love him so much. namjoon for president 😔✊