five

"j-jimin-hyung?"

a small voice asked from the other side of the door. jimin didn't think he could answer, if he even opened his mouth a fresh wave of tears would escape. luckily, jihyun didn't wait for an answer – he just barged in.

"okay listen, you're going to hate me for this, even more so than before because i guess i was wrong about this situation but i have to get it off my chest or i'll go insane." jihyun blurted out in a rush, looking at his brother with hopeful eyes. jimin looked tiredly back at him, his face red and eyes watery, the duvet wrapped around him completely so only his head was showing. "nothing can make me feel worse than i already do."

"ah, that's where you're wrong, hyung," jihyun said, a nervous smile on his face. "so, when yoongi-hyung called, i told you he was coming at eleven. but uh. me and him actually arranged for him to come round earlier." jimin narrowed his eyes suspiciously at jihyun, who paused for a moment before taking a deep breath and continuing.

"basically i wanted him to see the letter so he knew that you liked him because i thought he liked you too so that's why i asked to see the letter then got you to have a shower then i left the letter on your bed for hyung to see. but i'm guessing by the way you're crying and yoongi stormed out of here that it went horribly wrong and i'm so so sorry anyway yeah bye!" he said at the speed of light and basically yeeted himself out of the room. before jimin could say anything or even register what the younger had just said, jihyun had slammed the door shut and sprinted downstairs. so yoongi saw the letter because of jihyun. that little bitch–

jimin was about to go and scream at him, but his phone started ringing. he picked it up, confused.

"taehyungie? what's wrong?"

"you absolute fucking dickhead, you better tell me what the hell you did and why yoongi's crying in my kitchen right now–"

"wait, hold on, what? yoongi's crying? that bitch, nothing even happened to him." jimin muttered a little (a lot) bitterly.

there was silence on the other end of the line for a few seconds. "please explain what's happened, yoongi won't tell me anything and i'm guessing it's all because... nevermind, i can't say."

jimin frowned, confused – what couldn't taehyung say? – but decided to tell tae anyway. it's not like he had anything to lose.
"so i write these... love letter things when i have a crush on someone right? and i wrote one for yoongi and he saw it and got annoyed so i told him it was a joke."

taehyung took a sharp intake of breath and let it out slowly. "ohhh my fucking god." he groaned, and jimin could practically hear him shaking his head in disappointment through the phone.

"you two are fucking IDIOTS! i can't believe i'm actually best friends with the world's biggest fuckheads."

"taehyung, what the hell are you on about? why is yoongi crying and why aren't you giving me any support here?? the person who is most likely the actual love of my life doesn't like me back in case you fucking forgot, and you've done nothing but call me an idiot." jimin grumbled.

"okay, tomorrow at twelve come to mine and maybe we can sort this shit out."

"taehyung, what is there to sort out? why the fuck aren't you telling me anything–"

then taehyung hung up.

hHhhhH i'm so sorry it's literally almost been a month since i last updated!!! wig!!!!! anyway i hoped you enjoyed this short, shitty and confusing chapter 😔🙏 i've been rlly busy this month and also kinda forgot wattpad existed. whoops

i stole these from my b sugaschim because i got no good pictures bUT LOOK

WOW THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?? cant believe that i saw my men irl and also missed the ONLY fucking yoonmin moment because i wasn't looking l m f a o anyway thank u for reading and sorry i died!!!! the end of this shitty fic is nearing y'all 🤧💘💖💕💗