Prologue: The Test

It was what seemed like the morning on Apokolips, and I awake with a yawn, I look out the window of the palace I live in to see the sky as dark red as ever and the ground black as ever, with the people acting violently as always. As I set foot on the ground, the servants immediately flooded my chambers. This is nothing new, but today was different. They rushed to get me ready, whereas other times they took it slow. I went over to my mirror and saw the grey face with red eyes staring back at me, seeing my hair was still a dark color.

The servants dress me in battle armor, the breastplate and leggings are the color of blue decorated with gold and with omega in the middle of the breastplate like my father, except his is red. Once I was done getting dressed, I walked in the halls and passed my idiot of a brother, Kalibak. He follows me to Father's throne room. Today is the day I am supposed to conquer a warrior planet by myself. As we walk, Kalibak decides to speak.

"So, Father is sending you to Klakma. Are you sure you can handle it yourself, runt?" I reply as we near the doors.

"I am sure Father's judgment in my abilities is well placed or else he would have sent you, and we both know how that would end." We both stop.

"That's funny rat, you wanna go right now, see who's stronger."

"Please, Kalibak, we do not want to keep Father waiting." He grumbled as I smirked, for he knew I was right, though I knew I was stronger, Father is an impatient being, even if all he shows is a calm and collected exterior. We then go to head in, but Kalibak was stopped by the two guards in front of us.

"Sorry sir, only he may enter."

"What, why!?" Kalibak questioned.

"Lord Darkseid's orders." He then looked at me in anger like how he looks at Orion, our half-brother, knowing I have more of father's admiration than he, his firstborn. He then just stood there, then huffed, and walked away. In a way, I feel bad for him. I entered through the regal double doors, and there he sat, my father, Darkseid. I approached and kneeled in front of him. He then spoke.

"Rise (N/n)" I did as he commanded.

"When do I depart Father?" He then gave me a smirk.

"Straight to the point, Klakma is waiting for conquest in my name, I shall provide you a Father Box for the travel, good luck."

"Luck is for the weak, I need only rely on my cunning and strength." Father smiled at me.

"Good, now go." I opened a boom tube and walked through, I was then met with a light orange sky. From the ground, it looked as though I was in a city that was on stilts above the sand. Buildings were more round than square, and the people were of a bipedal build, red with tusks and an exoskeleton instead of skin. They were also tall and lanky, I then looked at the Father Box to see how many citizens were here, about 10,000, plus a large life sign, moving rapidly. Well, now I know why this city is on stilts.

What I know about this civilization is that if I defeat their champion in single combat, I should be able to take this planet in a snap. I search around for a while and find a Colosseum. That should be a good place to start, I then proceed to the Colosseum and am stopped by two guards with spears crossed. One then spoke.

"Excuse me, but you don't look like you're from around here. Are you lost?" I looked him dead in the eye.

"I am looking for this world's champion."

"For what, an autograph?"

"For conquest."

They then looked at each other, gaining smiles on their faces, then began to laugh. This makes me irritated. Though my figure is a bit of a slim one, my strength is more than they can even comprehend. One guard then speaks to me.

"Listen, kid, it's cute you think you can take out our champ, but he'd kill you, like all the others, come back when you wanna buy a ticket." I grabbed the guard and threw him into the other, and they were both knocked out by the force. I then lift open the locked gate door like it was a mere pebble. There is a large open area with hundreds of civilians sitting in seats around the arena, cheering.

I see the emperor as he stares at me. He sits excluded from those he rules, Everyone then calms down. The Emperor then speaks.

"What is the meaning of you being here, grey one," clearly alluding to my skin.

"I seek to take you down, old man." I hear an audible gasp from the crowd, either from me declaring a challenge or me insulting their leader, but the king seemed... Amused, he then started to laugh, and the audience then followed suit.

"Ha ha ha, my boy you can't just challenge the champion like that. You have to go through all of our gladiators, and if you can make it through all of them, then we will see about you fighting me." The Emperor then began to raise his hand slowly; at the very peak, two gates rose to an open, and about ten men came walking out. "You seem pretty sure of your abilities, so let's start with this many." 

The Emperor thinks me weak, but I will show him what my strength is worth. As everyone in the crowd winds down from the anticipation, I give the would-be warriors a good look around, hesitant from my intimidating gaze. One so bravely clad in a sort of armor went to desperately swing his sword, down slash, left, right, stab. It was futile as I dodged in kind, side, duck, duck, his last attack I grabbed his weapon by the blade, and he seemed properly scared by this action, I always loved seeing such emotion.

I then pulled the Klakman in for a punch and sent him flying, which took out four more warriors as they hit the wall. The five left decided to rush me at once, but it didn't matter about how many came, they befell the same fate when I grabbed one of their kicks and spun while holding the warrior like a weapon, hitting the others in the process. As the dust from our skirmish settled down, I saw most of the audience either slack-jawed, eyes widened, or a combination of the two, but the king, the king had on a grin, he liked what he saw.

"I'm impressed young gladiator. You dispatched the fighters in under nine seconds, but how will you do with one hundred," he raised his hand again and a plethora of battle-ready men surrounded me, this is getting old fast. I decided to move things along and use my superior speed to take out each fighter with ease. With each fighter came a one-hit knockout. It only took me half a minute until they all fell. It seemed as though there wouldn't be anyone left, and I had a good idea of who was next.

"So, how about you show me a real challenge instead of this cannon fodder?" I said, and this made the king even happier.

"You have proven your worth gladiator, but can you hold your own against our strongest."

"And that is you, correct?" I asked, and I soon got my answer.

"Yes, and I'm no pushover like my subordinates."

He began to stand up, and his body began to build muscle. As he was done preparing, he jumped into the arena, and the whole world shook, but I stood solid.

"Now, show me your real power.