The Encounter

There I stood across from him. Possibly the most powerful man in the universe, or anywhere, and I am here, face to face. He did not seem that imposing, but my father has made the mistake of underestimating the Kryptonian, but I will not. I saw that look in his eyes when he looked at me, one of hate and anger. Most likely because of the resemblance I hold with my father, the Kryptonian then spoke to me with authority.

"You look like Darkseid but seem different, so I'll give you a chance, leave and save the embarrassment, or stay and see why he failed so many times," I look him in the eye and tell him.

"If you know my father, then you know that would never be an option," The so-called Man of Steel then sighs

"Just to let you know, you've put this on yourself," I look at Kamin, letting her know to escape to a safe place. She did so, I will collect her when this is done.

Superman does not hesitate to start the conflict. He starts with a straight punch to my face. I waited a little bit and felt that his punch actually hurt. In all my life, I had not been injured like that. It felt... amazing, the thought of a new challenge had risen from my confrontation with my enemy, I smiled at that and looked him in the eye.

"I had hoped you would be worth coming here," I retaliated with a punch of my own to his gut and it took the breath out of him, then I clasped my hands together and slammed them into his back, driving him into the ground. He gets up, flying me into a few buildings, and then throws me into the ground. I go to get up, but then he freezes me in place.

He flew down and floated where I was frozen.

"I warned you this would happen," he proceeded to come closer to capture me. I had enough of the charade and began to shatter the ice. What is the point of a fight if you can't have fun? I broke out, and he was in shock.

"Try harder. Harder than when you face my father, because I have been told I have the potential to be stronger than him."

He then flew at me again only for me to dodge him and grab onto his cape, I always questioned what the point of these was if they could be caught onto something, I then spun and threw, him into the air and flew up to smash my fist into his back.

I grabbed his face and flung him back to earth, I continued to fly straight to his body. I saw a beam of light coming towards me, and instinctively my hand came to meet with the beam, blocking any possible damage. Luckily there was no harm. Though the light did blind me, this was evident when his fist met my face, my body skipped against the road and slowed due to the friction.

As I got up slowly, I saw the look in his eye. Now it was full-blown rage that was in his eyes. We walked toward each other in hopes of ending the fight quickly. And as we met, we started trading blow for blow. In the corner of my vision, I see Kamin running right at me. I see the Superman and his next punch goes right at my abdomen. Everything goes in slow motion, my next move could decide the outcome of everything in this fight, I decided to listen to my instincts.

I grabbed for Kamin, and the next thing I knew, I was punched toward the green area, with Kamin wrapped in my arms. I get up and look around at adults with children in tow. it was probably easier to let the children go and save themselves. Maybe I am not one to talk considering my actions. Kamin looked at me and spoke.

"Please stop, I don't like seeing you get hurt." why is she crying? how dare she.

"Did I not tell you before? Do not show weakness. Do not show any tears to anyone!" My orders will be followed, they will be absolute. "The minute you show your tears, that is when you have given your enemies everything they needed."

Self-sacrifice, charity, kindness. The so-called weakness of this world. Though I suppose that is why they have managed to keep a firm grasp on this world in the first place. A double-edged sword I suppose I can feel his presence coming close now. This world is certainly more entertaining than Apokolips has ever been. And it does have a certain charm to it. Father would certainly have my head if he heard me say this.

"I yield."