Nevermore pt 1

Facing Doctor Light is more tedious than I thought. He had just knocked over a truck full of money en route to a more secure location when Doctor Light had shot a beam at it. It had not taken us much time to get on the scene, with the Doctor on top of the truck with the money pouring out, while we were mere feet apart.

"Your pathetic skills can't outshine the brilliance of Doctor Light," A blast of light was shot out from both of his hands, making everyone get out of the way. With that being the catalyst, we all sprung into action. Robin had thrown a boomerang at Light, making him dodge, and the both of them switched places. Putting Robin on the truck and Light on the ground.

"You're fast, but I will doubt you'd enjoy moving faster than the speed of light." Opening up his chest, he shoots a beam that hits Robin, throwing him off the truck and onto a roof. Beast Boy comes running in, turning into a wolf, but Light had effectively dodged that too.

"A wolf is no good when it's as blind as a bat." When he said that, he threw blinding balls of light, making Beast Boy lose his sight, if only for a little while. Starfire was next, throwing her green energy bolts, but Doctor Light saw it coming and erected an energy dome around him. Taking out a disk, he throws it on the ground, projecting a white barrier around Starfire and trapping her.

"Watch yourself lightweight. Things are about to get heavy." Cyborg had taken half of an axel from the truck with the tires still attached to it and slammed it into the ground. It was enough to push back Light, but he still had a counterattack ready. First, he fires a beam, cutting the axle in half, and then a plasma ball blows up behind him, melting Cyborg into the truck. leaving a grumbling robot man. Doctor Light looks over at Cyborg.

"Now, if nobody minds, I'll be taking the gold." What he did not notice was that Raven, Kamin, and I were right behind him to stop him.

"We mind." It was Kamin and I's turn. We had come up with a combination between us. With her holding my arm, I throw her towards our enemy like a live projectile. Doctor Light blocked Kamin's attack with a light shield and repelled her towards me. I quickly went to see if she got any injuries, but she did not have any. Even so, nobody harms an underling of mine.

I ran with my fist wound back, and a red light began to shine around my fist. Light holds out his arm, blocking with another light shield. I follow through with my attack, effectively tearing through his shield and his suit's sleeves off with the tech inside of it while breaking an arm all while throwing him on the ground. Light got up and looked scared, good.

before I could walk over to finish it, Raven flew past me to start her attack. She flew upward and started to cast a spell but was interrupted by a light beam, making her fall and slide on the ground. I went to make sure that she was alright, and meanwhile, Doctor Light had gained back his confidence and started to walk towards us, spouting out cocky nonsense.

"Word of advice, learn shorter magic words." Raven threw a motorcycle at Light, but he destroyed it just before it hit him. With another blast aimed at us, it was a dead-on hit. It did not do damage to me, but the story was different for Raven, and that only made me run back to her. I see Doctor Light walking closer to Raven, and I stand in front of her. I heard Raven warn the two of us to stay away from her, I told her it was not going to happen. And though I could not see it, I felt her spirit rise, even for a little bit. I forgot, even for a moment, that Light was right in front of us and gained a cocky smile.

"What's wrong, scared of the light?" Feeling another drop within her, she turns towards us, and I see her with what looks like four glowing red eyes, and her figure growing bigger by the second with tendrils emanating from her. Turning back, I see the form that suits him more. A spineless man. In the next moment, Raven shot the tentacles out to Light and started dragging him inside the dark of her cloak.