Chapter nine

- October 17th - Time - 21st birthday -

I stood at her grave, flowers in hand. I gave her a moment of silence, before speaking to her; I've come every year, for the past three years on her birthday since the crash. She would be turning 21 today, we planned to get wasted for a week, I did it for the both of us. Had a hangover for two weeks after.
"Hey.." I paused, "So uh, happy birthday Aurora. I bought you these flowers, I know, kinda cliche. But they're your favorite, daisy's." I set them in a flower pot, replacing the old, dead ones.
"I bought you this too." I placed a toy truck, like the one I drove on her grave stone. It sat perfectly on the snow, "I knew you loved that truck just as much as I did, "I angled it on the inside corner, than stood taking my glove off, and putting my hand in my jacket pocket.
"Lastly.." I paused again, exhaling. The air was thick and cold. "I uh got you this. Well not just, I've had it since I was 16, my grandpa gave it to me. Another thing I didn't tell you about.. but umm here.." I sat the open ring box's next to the toy truck. I wiped away the snow on the top of the grave stone, then placed my hand on there before leaning my head against my hand. I wanted to speak more to her but began to get choked up. Sniffling, I gathered myself, "I love you." I stood, whipping my nose with the back side of my bare hand before putting back on my glove. I placed both hands inside my long black jacket. I sighed, standing there longer in the cold. I gave her another moment of silence before turning towards my car and walking away. That was the last time I visited her grave.
**************The end***************

Thank you all so much for reading! I know its ending was kind of a slap in the face, but I thought a different ending makes it differ from other books.
Please follow my account, I hope to write more, or well, actually finish some. Thank you again. Byeeee