2. "I Will Protect Your Sister"

Katniss's POV

I sighed after Prim left the room to give me some space alone, I can't believe she doesn't want me to volunteer for her but she is so very brave and she want to my baby to stay safe and alive.
She did this for my baby and me too.
I hope she will learn fast and stay alive no matter what happened to her.
I hope she will find allies that she can trust them and protect each other.
I'm really scared for her, doing this.
I hope she won't be picked today, I just hope not. I heard door open, I look at Peeta who just sat next to me, sighed.
"Prim told your mother and I what she been said to you." Peeta said grab my hand and give it stroke then kiss me.
"I'm scared." I said he sighed and hug me, "it's okay Katniss." He said.

Few minutes later.

Peeta and I were getting ready to go the reaping, we walk in kitchen room where my mother and Prim will be.
I watched Prim just stay quiet and eating her breakfast with head down.
I sighed and sat next to her, she look at me. "Just be careful." I said she nodded, "come on, let eat and we go." My mother said Peeta took his seat and eating before we all leave the house.

Peeta and I holding our hands while my left hand on my 6 months belly.
We went into line up where there two lady at the desk to pin our fingers on paper, Peeta went on left lady at desk while I went on right side to the desk.
After they pin our fingers, we went to our ages section, we are 17 years olds.
I could see Prim in the front, I sighed.
"It's okay Katniss." I heard Peeta said not bothering look at him but Prim.
I see lady walk to the mic, dressed up all bright colour of pink and purple, makeup is too much and awful.
She doing the speech first, before walking to female bowl that filled our names in it, she pick it up and open it.
"Primrose Everdeen!" I froze, I can't believe this is actually happens. I wish I could volunteer for her but she will get upset with me if I did, I can't do this to her. She can't die in games at young age that she doesn't deserve it at all.
I watched she walk to the stage next to the awful lady, she seems like she trying put brave on her face knowing she can do it and not showing she is weak. The lady walk to male bowl.
"Peeta Mellark!" She shouted, what?!
I look at Peeta with fear in my eyes, he sighed and kiss my forehead before walk to the stage next to my sister.
I can't lose two people that I loved and cared for, my baby can't have fatherless and this baby need Peeta but Prim can't die in games at young age or she won't able to meet my baby if Peeta still alive and win the games. I'm scared of what going to happens to them, I need them.

Peeta's POV

I'm in sort of room waiting for family or friends to say goodbyes before I leave to go games with Primrose.
I watched door open, Gale walk in.
"Gale?" I asked sound confused.
"Peeta, keep Prim safe." Gale said walk to me, "I don't want Katniss get hurt if she see her sister die." He added.
"I know, I can't let Prim die and she doesn't deserve to go games." I said he nodded, "I will try my best." I added he thanked me, "it's alright." He left the room.
Again, door open, I see my girlfriend was crying and hugged me tightly.
"Katniss," she look at me with tears.
"I will protect your sister." I added.