Chapter 6

"Hey, guys! Long time no see! " Amy cheerfully greeted them.

The four had their eyes widened in shock. All were silent. Sticks was the first to react.

"AAHH! AMY ROSE! HOLY SHIT! YOU'RE BACK! AAAAH! I MISSED YOU SOOO MUCH! " Sticks gave her a bone crushing hug. Amy just hugged her back despite the pain. Sticks started to tear up. "Oh my god... *sniff* I can't believe this! "

Amy wiped her tears. "Missed you too, bestie. "

"AMY! " She was then squished by two manly bodies. "Fuck! We missed you! "

"I-Its good to see you guys too, but... Can't breathe! " They released her. Amy looked at the three of them with shock. "Wow, you guys changed a lot. "

"Like you haven't... You're more beautiful than ever! " Tails exclaimed. Amy blushed at his compliment.

"And you have grown in height! You're taller than me now! " Amy pouted.

"Hehe... You noticed? "

"Oh god, who wouldn't!? " She giggled. "Sticks! You're so gorgeous! I love your hair and outfit! "

As the three happily talked to each other, a certain hedgehog just stood with his arm crossed and emotionless expression. He admits that he was shocked when they saw Amy. He was suddenly pulled out of his thoughts when he heard his name being called.

"Sonic! Hey, Sonic! " He faced them. "C'mon, don't just stand there! Amy's back, for Pete's sake! "

Amy was staring at him calmly. But inside, she was a nervous wreck!

Sonic met her gaze, still has his emotionless face. He then nodded. "Hey."

.....

"THAT'S IT!?! " The other three yelled unbelievably.

"What do you expect me to say? " Sonic asked.

"Uhm, I dunno! Hug her!? Kiss her!? Or maybe at least talk to her like you miss her! " Sticks yelled frustrated.

"Tsk! " With that, he dashed away at the speed of sound. The others decided to go to a cafe. Lily's Cafe.

"*sigh* Sorry, Amy. " Tails said. "Sonic changed when you left. "

"Really? How so? " Outside, she didn't seem bothered by what Sonic did. But inside, she was disappointed. She was expecting him to hug her, at least.

"He's sooo bossy, especially when it comes to being a hero or saving the day. " Knuckles said.

"He's emotionless almost all of the time! " Sticks exclaimed.

"He never really opens up anymore... " Tails mumbled, but enough to for them to hear.

Amy was shocked to hear that. Sonic being not Sonic? That sounds wrong! She feels like this was her fault.

"But he still hangs out with us! Barely... " Tails said. "Anyways, how have you've been? Where are you living now? And when the heck did you came back?! "

Amy giggled. "Well, I'm fine and I'm sleeping in Roldo's Hotel. Actually I just arrived this morning."

"Hotel? Shouldn't you be living in an apartment? " Knuckles asked.

"Oh, they probably think I'm staying forever... "

"Well, I'm not actually gonna be here permanently. "

They frowned at that. "Oh... When are you leaving? "

"Honestly, dunno... I guess I'll ask Garnet  about that. "