Chapter 9

The two lovehogs finally reached headquarters. Sonic put Amy down. As for Amy, she couldn't keep her balance straight.

"Woah! " Sonic caught her just in time when she almost stumbled over. "Damn you hedgehog. Don't just carry me like that without warning! "

"*chuckle* You used to not mind that at all years ago. " He smirked. "In fact, you used to squeal in delight... "

"Because I got used to it years ago! And since you haven't done that to me for a very long time... " The atmosphere became a little awkward.

Sonic then sighed. "Amy, look I-"

He was cut off when the door was forced open by Knuckles.

"There you two are! The party started minutes ago! Sheesh, Sonic. I thought you were faster than that! "

Sonic glared daggers at the echidna. He faced Amy who looked like she was deep in thought. "C'mon, Amy. Let's join the fun. "

Amy then narrowed her eyes at him. Sonic caught on.

"*sigh* Right. After I apologize. " Sonic scratched the back of his neck. It was rather hard for him to do so since he hadn't apologized to his friends for a long time. Especially when it comes to his attitudes. He feels like it's a big hit to his pride. His friends would just mentally forgive him and act like it was nothing, they understood him after all. Especially since Amy's departure. But recalling every pain he caused his dear friends, Sonic knew this was the opportunity to do so. Amy being there is enough motivation for him.

Amy smiled warmly at him. "You better, hedgehog. "

"Ahem." The forgotten echidna got their attention. The thought of him right there in front of them kinda slipped out of their minds. "Forgot I was here? Did something happen between you two? "

"U-Uh... " Amy's cheeks started showing pink tints when her mind recalled their little session a few minutes ago. "We, uh-"

Sonic placed his hand on her mouth, preventing Amy from speaking. She looked at Sonic, puzzled.

"Yeah, she just talked to me about what I did to you guys when we found each other at the lake. "

Knuckles chuckled. "Well, I know the part that you two met at the lake. I purposely led Amy there! Hehe... Clever as always, Knuckles. "

Knuckles could feel the pink hedgehog's cold glare towards him.

Sonic twitched his eye. Then he sighed. "L-Let's just get on with the party. "

He removed his gloved hand from her mouth. Amy then felt like she has forgotten something. Something important.

"Ames, you comin'? "

"Huh? Oh! Uh, yeah. "

~~~~~~~~~~

"Garnet, we spotted him close to our headquarters....again." A yellow female jackal said.

"Oh really? What did he do this time? Just stare off on the lake? " The red hedgehog blankly said in boredom. He was laying lazily on a green couch.