9. Life is a riddle

No proof read. Ignore the mistakes.

~~~

"Excuse me. Where is learning room-2?", Khushi nervously enquired about venue detail in reception.

"Go straight and take second left."

"Thank you."

Khushi started walking towards corridor, but stopped on her steps when the cool breeze brushed her face. She placed her hand on her fast beating heart and mumbled slowly.

"Arnavji..!"

She looked around and saw him walking into the office like a storm. Smile appreared on her face seeing him after two days.

Arnav felt his heart beats unusually, but ignored it. He stopped on his tracks when he heard someone calling him in low voice.

"Arnavji..!!"

He turned to look around, but suddenly he felt a weigh on his body and stumbled back a little due to an unexpected act.

Arnav steadied himself and realized that the girl is hugging him.

Khushi felt like someone splashed cold water on her. Her heart screamed with pain seeing someone in his arms. She is not someone, but his finance. Reality struck her really hard.

Tears are flowing from her eyes automatically. Khushi slowly brushed it off and walked backwards to run far away but stopped hearing a familiar voice.

"What.are.you.doing.here?"

Khushi turned to see angry Payal shooting daggers at her. She closed her eyes cursing her fate and composed herself for another emotional breakdown.

Payal held her arms and dragged her away from the reception. She pushed her into the rest room and looked at her furiously griting her teeth.

Payal raised her eyebrow ordering her to answer her question.

"I ha..ve... train...ing..heere." Khushi stammered between her tears.

Fisting her hands, Payal moved closer and stopped an inch before her. She moved back and studied her from head to toe giving disgusting look.

"For how many days?"

"A week"

"I don't want you here."

Khushi looked at her shocked thinking she might ask her not to come here or resign. She is scared of losing the job. She can't lose it. Office is the only place where she finds peace. But she doesn't know that her salary is indeed important for Payal's fancy life.

Taking feel breath, "A week." She paused. "Don't ever come infront of me. I hate to see your ugly face. You are maintaining low profile in office. Like always. Got it."

Without waiting for any reply, Payal stormed out.

~~~

Arnav is driving to XYZ branch. Today is definitely not his day. First an unexpected change in work location.. then another unexpected meet with Sheetal Kapoor.. their prolonged  meeting with board members which continued even after lunch break. He slammed his hand on the steering.

"Calm down, Arnav", Aman said worried.

Arnav glared at him briefly and continued to drive.

He was calm from the morning suppressing all his frustration for his father. He was unable to excuse himself from the meeting after seeing his dad's pride for him.

But now he can't. He just want to see his Ms. Mystery at any cost. He is growing impatient. Just a thought of seeing her again made his heart fly in joy.

He parked the car outside and entered into the office eagerly but received another shock of the day.

He saw the message note which he wrote in the morning is still on his desk untouched. He traced the slip with index finger and closed his eyes to control his feelings.

Aman placed his hand on shoulder but Arnav shrugged it and turned.

"Call HR and check who are all on leave today."

Seeing his determination, Aman immediately took his mobile to call HR where as the employees stole glances.

Arnav shoved his hands into the packet and paced slowly. He felt restless thinking about her.

Is she not feeling well? Is she fine?

"Only three are on leave today. All are male employees.", Aman said to Arnav slowly.

"What??!!", Arnav looked at him shocked.

Arnav raised his eyebrows questioning whether he is sure whereas Aman assured him by simple nod.

"Attention everyone", Arnav said in commanding tone whereas Aman watched him surprised.

"Everyone please be seated. Relax, it is just an announcement.", saying Arnav gestured Aman to take over.

Amam quickly poised and covered by giving short oration on WC success.

Meanwhile, Arnav looked around and started walking slowly observing each and every employee in search of his mystery girl.

By the time he reaches the other end, he knows his girl is not here. He turned around to look again to confirm only three desks are left unoccupied.

Arnav beyond confused to conclude anything. His heart is drumming against his chest not accepting the fact infront of him.

She is not here. Definitely she is not here. Where is she? Where is my Mystery girl?

~~~

Hi Friends,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

With love,
Neerush p suhuna