15. Fight your demons

No proof read. Kindly ignore grammatical error and spelling mistakes.

~~~

Gupta Home
Wednesday Morning

Khushi is getting ready to office hurriedly. All she wants to see is Arnav and to make sure he is fine now. She is dying in guilty for leaving him in middle without knowing about his health condition. Flashes of yesterday's events are playing before her eyes every now and then making her even more miserable.

Why can't you take care of your health, Arnavji? Khushi sighed and started picking her necessities to go to office. You might be engaged. But that will not change the feelings I have for you. I love you. I will love you as long as I live. Be safe.

She came out of her thoughts when her eyes fell on the Durga idol placed on the table. She remembered his painful eyes which are haunting her since yesterday.

"Kyun Devi Maiya..? Why did he look at me in like that, yesterday? Why did his eyes have so much pain.? Was it due to his health or something else?"

Khushi's talk with her Devi Maiya is interrupted by loud mobile ring. She picks the call as it's from Lavanya.

"Hello, Lavanyaji"

"Do you even know what your man is up to?", Lavanya said teasingly from other side. Khushi stayed silent unable to understand.

"ASR has arranged a meeting with everyone.. everyone in the sense. EVERYONE in XYZ branch. I am 100% percent sure that he is doing this for you. So what you want me to do?" Lavanya adjusted the mobile in her helmet as she is waiting for signal.

"What are you saying? I don't understand."

"Which part you did not get, Khushi? He is going to ask about you and I am going to tell.", Lavanya shouts losing her patience.

Why is it so hard for her to understand that her Arnav is madly in love with her. Just like her.

"Noo..You won't", Khushi said immediately. "Please don't do that, Lavanyaji", Khushi almost pleaded and rushed to go out, but startled to see her room is locked from outside.

"And why is that?" Lavanya asked filling her eyes .

But Khushi was not in a position to answer her. She twisted the knob to open the door but failed. She slammed the door hardly to get attention.

"Khushi, Are you there?" Lavanya asked while driving.

"Ek minute, My room is locked."

"What!!"

Khushi slammed the door hardly again but stopped, hearing footsteps.

"Don't break the door, IDIOT?", Garima shouted from outside.

"Door is locked.", Khushi said stammering.

"So what? I locked the door. "Garima replied rigidly. "That means you can are not allowed to go out anymore.", Garima said with devilish tone and left.

Khushi is stupefied and confused by her answer. "Kyunn?", Khushi mumbled slowly. She slide down the door unable to understand her step-mother's word 'not allowed to go out anymore'. She raises her hand to slam the door again but stopped fearing the outcome. She tried Lavanya's mobile which is not reachable suddenly. Unknown fear gripped her heart imagining what her step-mother is up to now. She looked at Durga Idol sadly.

Devi Maiya. Raksha Karna.

On the other side, Lavanya is stunned hearing their conversation. She applies brake suddenly which made her mobile slip from the helmet, breaking into pieces. She turns and saw her mobile is getting crushed under car's Tyre. She closed her eyes and cursed herself. Thinking about Garima's evil dripping words, Lavanya turned her scooty to Khushi's home.