You're Just Not My Type (Chapter 15)

15.

Thomas spent the next few minutes quietly mumbling into his phone, sounding neither distraught or angry. Anne sat on the bed unmoving just watching Thomas silently move about the room as he chattered away to fast for her to comprehend. Finally as he finished his conversation he snapped his phone shut and slipped it back into his pocket.

"Are you okay?"

Anne nodded not trusting her voice, she knew she was on the verge of breaking down. Her best friend, the only one that understood her was taken by some love scorn vampire that had been holding on to a grudge for well over 500 years. How exactly was she supposed to right that wrong? Just because her ancestor couldn't keep her legs closed and behave herself like a lady of that time was supposed to she was being punished for it centuries later.

"I have some friends coming." Anne's head suddenly snapped out of it's trance like state to turn and face Thomas, were they like him, or were they like Francis, she thought. "Don't worry, they are like Bobbi and myself. They only feed on bottled or synthetic blood." Thomas slowly and carefully wrapped his arm around her shoulders bringing her ever so slowly closer to him. "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

"I'm not worried about myself, Thomas. I want Natalie to alright. She's like a sister to me." She stated as her voice crackled with pain again. "I'd give my life for her, and she knows that. We've been through so much together."

Just then Bobbi reentered the room, her hair blown awry by her speeding around campus. "Cops are handled, Alpha Beta's are handled. So who did you call?" She asked looking towards Thomas with questioning eyes.

"Maurice." Thomas simply answered as he glanced between the two girls, carefully watching Anne as if she was some fragile glass about to break.

"Where is he?" Bobbi asked as she busied herself around the room.

"A few towns over, he should be here in about ten minutes I guess." Thomas said as he checked his watch intently. "Then we'll move to your off campus house. Anne should be safe there. So we should pack her a bag in case this takes a couple of days." Thomas stated instantly sending Bobbi into a packing frenzy. She quickly loaded tons of colorful underwear and bras, then moving on to the shirts and pants. Lastly she pulled out a few night gowns not forgetting a lace one that she just happened to hold out to admire catching Thomas' attention.

Anne groaned as she watched Bobbi grin like a kid that just snuck a cookie from the cookie jar. "Really, Bobbi?" Her friend simply shrugged with a smug look on her face.

"You never know if you'll need it." She winked as she zipped the bag up. "You may want to go grab you toiletries, while I pack your books and lap top up. No reason not to keep up with your homework. Not to mention that History project you two have due." Bobbi pointed at the both of them causing Thomas to roll his eyes.

"Like I need to research, Henry. I can tell you things that no text book could tell you about that man."

While they were in the middle of bickering back and forth, Anne made her way to the bathroom packing her various soaps away in a carry on bag and then slipping her make up back in lastly. She assumed Bobbi would have a hair drier and flat iron since she had pin straight most of the time.

"All packed now." Anne said, her voice coming out bored and unamused with the the turn of events. For years her life had been pretty average, never too crazy or hard, nor to amusing. The only reason she smiled much as a child was because of Natalie, she often pushed Anne to going along with crazy stuff, that in the end she always looked back and laughed at. For years her closest friend was her only reason to smile.