You're Just Not My Type (Chapter 20)

20.

"No, no, Lady Anne. You won't be needing that now will you?" Maurice chuckled as he snatched the stake from her waist band faster than her human eyes could register. "You would have been better off having them change you before we left. But now, your supple, and tasty human body will be Francis' for the taking or eating in this case."

"Fat chance in that happening." Anne sneered as she kept her gaze stone cold and staring out the windshield.

"Well evidently you never met a 500 plus year old love lorn man."

"If he's so damn love lorn then why does he want to kill me so much?" Anne asked as she straighten the skirt in her lap.

"Well you see not only is Francis in love with the thought of Catherine but he's pissed at her for never keeping her promise to always love him and wait until he returned to make a home for them." Maurice looked over flashing her an evil smile. "So as you can very well see he's a very conflicted vampire that wants nothing more than to stop the burning anger in his cold dead heart."

"Well he can trip and fall on a fucking stake for all I care."

Anne quickly turned her gaze toward the tree line watching them zoom past, hoping desperately that Thomas was some where out there following her like she asked. After nearly twenty minutes the car began to slow down pulling off on a old country road that was far off the normal roads. No where better to kill someone then out in the wood where no one could hear you scream. No need to worry about the neighbors hearing your dying cries.

"Here we are." Maurice stopped the vehicle in front of a small shack. Anne's eyes grew wide as she looked around hoping Thomas would suddenly stalk out the woods and save the day, but so far he hadn't made his presence known. "And don't think your precious friends are going to suddenly show up and save the day, it won't happen."

"But we were supposed to be at their house."

"Of course we were SUPPOSED to be, but what good would that do me if I brought Bobbie and Thomas along to spoil my plan?" In the next blink of an eye he zoomed out of the drivers seat and around the car, flinging the door open. Maurice latched his cold hand around her wrist pulling her out of the seat in a hurry.

"Don't rip my arm off!" Anne yelped as he squeezed forcefully making her bones ache.

"Come on we mustn't be late, you have a very very important date." He snickered at his own joke as they neared the front door of the house. Before they could get up to the door and knock it flew open revealing Francis, his eyes were cold as steel and lifeless. His gaze alone caused her to flinch.

"Well my dearest Lady Anne, you look fetching. I couldn't pick a more lovely gown myself." He held out his pale palm wanting her to take his hand. Holding her ground, she kept her hand balled and arms rigid at her side. "ANNE." He said forcefully his eyes now beginning for flare an unnatural red.

"What?"

"When a man offers a lady his hand she is inclined to take it, regardless her feelings toward the man. It's only proper etiquette." Francis stood in front of her his palm still extended towards her, his face pulled in a stone cold grimace. "Now, take my hand!" He growled. Slowly she extended her hand placing her hand carefully in his grasp. As soon as he could coil his deadly fingers around her hand he ripped her towards him pulling her into a rough embrace, nearly knocking the breath out of her.

"Where's Natalie?" She questioned once she regained her breath.

"Oh my dear sweet decoy. She is in fact waiting at mine and Thomas' house. So when he tries to swoop in and save the day, you won't be there. You can't think I would really fall for that crap? I have been with Thomas at my side for hundreds of years, I know how that supple man's mind works. He allows himself to be too blinded by love, and well it once again gets the better of him."