love is on the radio

"Woah, wait! What are you-" The boy with currently lilac hair was cut short as the door he literally had just gotten shoved past closed a clicked indicating it was locked. "Luke! Let me out!" The boy called through the door as he continually banged on it.

"Dead air in a minute." Luke's voice sounded over the speakers in the room. The lilac haired boy walked over to the glass separating him and Luke. The blond jerk had a smile on his face and gave a little wave. The boy on the other side mouthed 'I hate you' to Luke and very reluctantly with almost mechanic movements moved to where a desk, chair, microphone, headphones, and a freaking soundboard that he had no clue how to use cause he was the intern, not some radio host. He was there to observe, get coffee, be ordered around, and not host a show.

The lilac haired boy put the headphones around his ears and looked over at his blond friend who was leaning back in his own chair and grinning. Luke held up a hand and counted down from five. The boy stiffened up and as Luke let his hand go down there was silence. The boy moved closer to the mic.

"Hi, you're listening to Hi or Hey radio. I'm Michael Clifford." His voice was monotone. He looked over to Luke who singled for him to keep going and then held up a McFly cd for Love is on the Radio to say that was the next song.

"Uh, Louis, Tomlinson, the normal host, had a little emergency type thing come up. I don't know when he'll be back, But in the meantime here's Love is on the Radio by McFly." Michael said, again it was all monotone, but he visibly relaxed as Tom Fletcher's voice started in his ears. He turned in the chair, because it was one of the spinning one, to face Luke and motioned for him to come in.

A couple seconds later Luke had opened the door he quickly shut it and stood in front of it as he faced Michael. "I hate you so much." Michael said as he watched Luke. The lilac boy stayed in his spinning chair. He knew Luke wasn't going to let him leave so he was pretty much stuck being the radio show host, but he would like to know what he had to do.

As if reading his mind, or the couple years of friendship they had, Luke answered the lilac haired boy's question before he even asked. "After the song we go to calls then a couple more songs, and then you talk about something, usually Louis wings and says everything that enters his mind. After you talk then we play more songs you sign off and then Niall takes over." Michael nodded along more to show he was listening, not that he wanted to do it.

The song was coming to an end so Luke went back to the sound board in the other room and left Michael to talk.

"That was Love in the Radio by McFly. Again I'm Michael Clifford. Now it's time for the first caller who is-" The boy paused and looked over to Luke who held a paper to the glass with the name. "-Louis actually. Hey Lou."

"Mikey, stop sounding so damn monotone and brighten up!" Louis slightly pitched voice sounded through Michael's ears and he shrugged, before remembering that Louis couldn't see him.

"It's your own fault for leaving and letting the intern take over just so you could have a make out session with your boyfriend." Michael grumbled in response.

"It's not a make out session!" Louis protested and was going to say more, but Michael cut him off.

"What is it then? You two doing the frick frack? The love dance? Oh, did Harry send out a mating call that you must answer? Remember Lou, don't be silly, protect your willy. You don't want to injure little Louis." Michael joked. That was basically his way of extracting revenge on Louis who left and made him do it.

Louis sputtered, but finally managed out a 'go to the next caller' before hanging up. Immediately laughter was sounding through Michael's ears. Soon a soft shit was mumbled and voice soon flowed through Michael's ears.

"Hi, sorry, I wasn't expecting to be on so soon." Michael jumped at the crash in the next room. Luke had fallen out of his own chair. Which lead Michael on a hunch about the person calling.

"It's fine. I wasn't expecting to be on air at all." Michael replied with a chuckle as he watched Luke scramble up and try to compose himself. "So what can I do for you? Remember I'm just an intern so I can get coffee, preform sexual favors, be a sort of personal servant." The lilac haired boy was still watching his blond friend try to compose himself.

"Uh, could you play American Idiot by Green Day?" The voice spoke and Michael who was still looking at Luke saw the blond boy nod.

"Yes, I can. This intern is at your service! Oh and my horrible friend Luke. Say hi Luke!" Michael was just taking his revenge on Luke now.

Luke shook his head multiple times, but as Michael stared at Luke and well the blond boy had no choice. "Hello. I'm Luke." The blond spoke into the mic at his end.

"Hi Luke! I'll see you in music class tomorrow right?" The voice, which Michael was now a 100% sure was Ashton Irwin, the very same Ashton Irwin that Luke had been crushing on since the 8th grade.

"Y-yeah, you will." Luke stuttered and really Michael was starting to get a bit bored. So he cut in.

"Sorry lovebirds I gotta cut you short and play this song. You can have eye sex at class." Michael grinned as he saw Luke turn bright red and press play for the song. Ashton said bye and soon the only sound in Michael's ears was American Idiot playing. He ignored the glare he was now receiving from Luke.

A couple more songs went through and then it was time for the bit where Michael had to straight up talk for a good ten minutes about something. From his memories of Louis doing they had always been pretty random with Louis flying from one subject to the next than back again. Luke singled three, two, one, and Michael was on air.

"Hello....There's my subject. I need a name for all of you incase Lou bails again tomorrow and Luke forces me into this. Let's see we could call you the Little Cliffords and I'll be Overlord Clifford. I think I'd make a good overlord. I have that skill to overlord. Luke shaking his head at me, I don't think he approves of being one of my Little Cliffords, c'mon we all know that Luke would be one of my Little Cliffords. He loves my voice so much that he literally shoved me in here. I mean literally he shoved me into a small room with all this radio stuff. I must say that the spinning chair is a plus." Michael paused and checked the time. He still had another 7 minutes until Niall, a boy whom he'd hadn't met yet, was supposed to arrive and take over. "So Little Cliffords is a no apparently. I'll have to get back to you all on that the next time I'm on the air. Which I think Luke is hoping is never. Hmm next subject...Pizza."

To which Michael spent his 7 minutes talking just on pizza until a bleached blond boy with brown root walked in and singled it was time for him to take over and Michael signed off. "Good bye Little Cliffords. I've been overlord Michael Clifford, Luke has been an arse to me, and here's an Irish cutie who knows what he's doing named Niall Horan."

Niall gave Michael a high five which Michael returned and then the lilac haired boy headed out, pass Luke and out to get pizza. He wasn't exactly needed anymore as his internship cover the show before Louis' show and then Louis' show. After those two he was free to go home to his shared flat with Luke and play video games, but first the boy wanted pizza.

_____________________________________

as normal you all should tell me if you like this or not cause i wanna knooooowwwww! also i seem to have a problem of not finishing a fic before starting a new one and this is one of those times. anyway i hope you like it! if not then okay i sorry about this. also loooook there's an actual cover type thingy. i dunno i tried.