Chapter Three

———————

———————

"Surprise, surprise, princess," Ricky smiled at Tom. Tom looked as if he wanted to bash his head in.

"Ricky, what are you doing here?" Tom asked, already annoyed by his presence. I didn't like Ricky either. I'm pretty sure he's playing Bethany. I stood next to Tom and looked at the blonde haired frat boy with a look of judgement.

"I'm just stopping by for the afternoon...or maybe the night!" He smiled, backing up into a parking spot. He popped open the hood of his car and took something out. Both Tom and I saw it.

"What's that?" We said in sync.

"What's what?" Ricky smiled with perfect teeth as he shoved the item into his pants pocket. Before either of us could question him more, a blonde haired sister came squealing.

"Ricky!" Bethany screamed, running into his arms.

"Hey!" Ricky spun her around. "Watch out for the car."

"I can't believe you're here!" Bethany exclaimed, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Well you're my girlfriend now...so there's nothing I wouldn't do for you," Bethany smiled and giggled at Ricky's comment. "Now give papa some sugar." I almost barfed at how cliche and disgusting it was.

"Bethany, please don't give papa sugar," I put a hand in front of me and looked at them disgusted. Tom laughed. But Bethany was giving us the annoyed glare.

——————

We all walked into the kitchen. Tom and I leaned on the counter.

"Mr and Mrs P!" Ricky exclaimed, holding out a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey, Ricky! What a surprise!" Mrs. Pearson  smiled.

"I got you a little housewarming gift," Ricky handed Mrs P the flowers decorated with red white and blue colors.

"That is so sweet. Isn't he sweet?" Bethany smiled in a cheery tone. I wanted to roll my eyes at her voice.

"Yes, they're beautiful," Mrs. P examined them. I looked at Tom and then to Ricky and did a gag motion. He laughed silently.

"Those are gorgeous, yeah. Very patriotic too, huh?" Mr. Pearson commented before taking a sip out of his mug.

"Let's stick the flags in some water," Mrs P moved to the sink and pulled out a vase.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" Tom's dad asked Ricky.

"That is so sweet of you. I really wish I could. But my parents have a lake house in Oaks town...and I gotta get back before dark in case my car breaks down again." Ricky replied. I knew he was lying. I'm not sure about what, but something he was lying about. He was an act. Tom definitely agreed.