Chapter Four

——————

——————

"I don't know what your were thinking. I really don't," I took out my ear bud as I heard Mr. P. Great. They were caught. Nice going guys. I rolled my eyes and made my ways down the stairs.

As I entered the living room, I caught the eye of Jake and Tom. I mouth to them "what did you do?" And rolled my eyes. I got the answers when I saw Ricky. He had paint splotches on his shorts and a ice pack on his balls. I wasn't really paying attention to what Mr. P was rambling about. I leaned against the door way.

"B.B.? Pellet? Stun? What am I gonna do? What do you think I should do? I don't know what to do!" Mr. P really didn't know how to lecture.

"Can't you keep him in his room for the rest of the week?" Bethany suggested. I smiled at Tom.

"But it wasn't even me!" Tom defended.

"Okay, you boys are just lucky that Ricky wasn't badly hurt."

"It's okay, Mr. P. I was a little kid once too," Tom and Jake scoffed. I just quietly chuckled at the situation.

"Oh, that's nice, Ricky. Thank you. He's a good guy. But, no, I'm not okay with this. Look, we're here to fish, not to hunt your sister's boyfriend, all right?" I crossed my arms and nodded sarcastically. I looked behind Mr. Pearson and saw that Ricky was mimicking him. "You could have put his eye out. Would that have been funny? I don't think so." I watched as Jake and Tom struggled to not roll their eyes or sigh at Mr. P's lecture.

"Alright, let's start over with a clean slate. Tomorrow, we fish. 7 am sharp." Mr. P stated. My mouth dropped open a bit. So much for a vacation.

"7 am?" Tom repeated.

"You're kidding. Pass. Nate?" Jake called out to his dad in the living room.

"Yeah, Stu. Don't you think that's a little early? How about this? 10 am sharp, no questions asked," Nate exclaimed. I breath a sigh of relief and watched as Jake and Tom also relaxed a little.

"Way to crack the whip, Nate. Way to crack the whip," Stu said sarcastically.

"Stu. Stu. Natie, the TV's gone haywire." Nana began to bang the TV with her cane.

"Stu, TV's gone haywire!" Nate repeated, too lazy to help his mom.

"Mom. Mom, stop it. It's probably the dish," Mr. Pearson led his mother away from the TV. "After the storm, I'll climb up on the roof and fix it."

"Hey, wait a second, Mr. P." Ricky started, placing his ice pack on the counter, "Let me fix the fish, man. That's he least I can do for your hospitality." I rolled my eyes. He's an act.

"No, Ricky, you're hurt," Stu announced.

"No. It was just a graze," Ricky insisted, getting those "good boy" points.