Chapter Six

—————

—————

"They're up in the attic right now, little aliens," Hannah stood in front of a bunch of unbelieving parents. "They're loud and scary and really mean."

"Han, there's no such thing as aliens," her dad replied with a small smile.

"Yes, there is, I saw them. They smashed the skylight and tried to break the attic stairs," Hannah tried so badly to convince her parents.

"Well, let's hope not for your sake," Mrs. P spoke to us as we walked into the room. "We put a huge deposit on this place. So you guys better keep it in one piece. "

"You heard her, Tom. No more trouble," Tom's father pointed a finger at him.

"It was just a video game. We shouldn't have let her watch it," Tom quickly said. "It's rated 'T' for 'Teen'. -It's teen violence."

We rushed back out of the living room. Tom kneeled down to Hannah's eye level. "Tommy I'm scared," squeaked his little sister, "I don't like the mean aliens."

"Don't worry, Han. Just pretend it's a big game, a game that we're gonna win," Tom reassured Hannah.

I leaned down next to Tom, "Just think about how little they are."

"Little and deadly," scoffed one of the twins.

I leaned back against the wall, still attempting to process our situation. There were freaking aliens in the attic. I thought they were a myth. Maybe this is just a dream, a long, very realistic, awful dream...

"What do we do now?" I asked, pulling off from the wall with my arms crossed. The adults cannot know or else they end up like Ricky. Plus, they probably won't even believe us. I wish I would've just stayed home and hung out with Jake a different week. But too late now. Now I get to deal with four aliens.

Jake was the one to respond, taking leadership of the group. "We figure out their weakness."

"They flew here from another galaxy. You really think they have a weakness?" One of the twins responded with a scoff.

"First rule of warrior code--All enemies have a weakness." I chuckled quietly. Jake said it seriously, but he sounded so dumb. He sent me a glare and was able to bite my cheek from giggling anymore.

----

There was a fence on the side of the house that led up to a window in the attic. Jake figured we should try to climb it and see what's going on up there. As we walked over there, I strayed a little from the group. I just needed to somehow collect my thoughts.