Chapter 9

Logan's Pov

The more I thought about telling him, the more I became nervous. My grip on his hand tightened slightly with each step I took towards the forest.

Casper didn't complain though, he just followed behind, "Umm Babe where are you taking me?" He asked.

I stopped walking once we were far enough in the forest that no one could see or hear us. Casper looked at me curiously and I forced a smile. I was getting really nervous now.

"Sit down on that rock, baby," I murmured to him guiding him to the big rock in front of us.

"I have to tell you something"."Casper's facial expression changed after I said that and he looked... Scared?

He sat down comfortably on the rock and played with his sweater sleeves as he looked up at me curiously, "ummm ok babe, is everything ok?."

"Yes" I nodded.

"I have a secret. Well... We - My family has a secret." I start off smoothly.

"There is a reason that my friends, Taylor, Chase, and Walter are living with us..." I sigh.

"We're part of a pack." I looked at him.

"Babe, are you sure you are ok?" He nervously said.

"Yes!" I said for the second time.

"Now just listen and hear me out okay?" I started "I'm not crazy, A pack is where you stick together, defend each other, and protect each other. You know how on movies, a group of friends are very close and protective?" I stated

"Yeah sure, but where is this going?" He stood up scratching his head in confusion.

"It's kind of like that. The only ones in our pack is my parent's, and everyone who lives in the house. Including me." I said

"Babe?" He said with fear in his voice.

"Oh, boy I don't know how do say this... Well, I'm a wolf. We're all wolves" I pause while mentally slapping myself.

I look at Casper for any reaction. He looked very confused so I continued.

"I'm going to try to explain everything as clear as possible, okay? You're my mate. A mate is a soulmate." I started. "We wolves have a gift of knowing who our soulmate is just by looking into a person's eyes. That way we don't have to date people to see if we will last with them or not."

"Go on" he said with his arms crossed.

Well when you look into a person's eyes, you will feel tingles and it will seem like the whole world and everything in it disappeared except for you and that person. And there's only one mate in your lifetime. If your mate rejects you - doesn't want to be with you or accept you - You suffer and can possibly die of heartbreak." I said

"WHAT!?!?" He yelled.

See the thing is that, you don't fall in love instantly when you find your mate, you have to get to know them like usual." I scratch my head shakily as Casper squints his eyes slightly at me.

Great now he thinks I'm crazy. I walk up to him and kiss his forehead. "Stay right here, okay?" I say then walk away out of view from him.

"Yeah sure" He nodded his head.

I change out of my clothes, setting them down and feel my bones cracking and popping as I shift down from a human to a wolf within seconds. I walk back into the view of Casper and watch as his eyes widen bigger than I've ever seen. I walk towards him slowly which only causes him to back away from me, looking terrified as ever.