🌸Pretty periods 🌸

The first time I bought my own pads I never wanted to buy it again. It was a small mukku Kadai ( around the corner shop) and he was a friendly old man. My cousins and I went to his shop all summer to buy kinder joy toys. He had that cute old person welcoming smile when he gave us the chocolate and I definitely didn't feel very welcome when he gave me the pad. He wrapped it up quick in some newspaper as if it was drugs and he didn't want anyone else to see and gave it to me without even looking me in the eye. this was the first time I'd heard or seen that people wrapped it up. When we went to proper supermarkets you don't see it on the racks wrapped up in newspaper or at the billing counter there's no separate "pad wrapping counter". I told my maid not to bring it home in newspaper and she explained to me that getting your periods to society, means that a woman is ready for sex. Boys on the street will laugh and tease you if they see it. That's why they wrap it. That's crazy. I feel ashamed. I feel ashamed that not only do we have to cover our body to avoid attention, now we have to hide our pad too? The ninja tactics my friends used to transfer a pad from the packet into someone's hand into their friends hand into their pocket was mind blowing. I don't get it. It's natural. Why are we so ashamed of our blood?