My dads an abusive psycho

My siblings my mom and I left for India around a decade ago. My parents split before we came. They needed space . I didn't think that meant 13,595 kms. Living with a single parent in India was interesting. It was easier to say my father was dead than explain what divorce meant to my 10 year old friends. It was awkward when my dad finally came to visit and my friends saw him. My mom had to play the part of a mom and a dad so I never really felt like I needed a father. People ask "what does your father do ? where is he ? how often does he come ?" And I always hesitate because he is so far away in a job that pleases him so much he doesn't feel the need to come as often. And i can't easily say without hesitation because I know how disappointed they will feel and that makes me feel uncomfortable because I'm not as disappointed as they are. My mom gave us an amazing childhood. Coming from a Brahmin background my mom was a secret non vegetarian! She introduced us to non vegetarian food shortly after coming here. Can you imagine life without sushi?? It's difficult to understand divorce in India. They just assume the couple is too lazy to fix things. I want to get married some day with a house full of kid and I hope I can give them the childhood my mom gave my siblings and I.