Chapter 21: Shaking lips and Open eyes

MATURE(ish) SCENES

As Jack stepped down the concrete steps he was absorbed into a gloomy but warm room, that smelt of spiced rum and horse saddles. Buckles, trophies and photographs lay dormant in cabinets and frames scattered around the room. A huge king size bed was sat in the centre of the room, its sheets crisp, Poppy pulled off the plastic that covered the steel frame.

"This place is unbelievable." Jack stated in awe.

"I love it down here, it reminds me of the days when life was full of grins and laughter." Poppy said. She laid on her back, her hands behind her head, starting at the wooden ceiling. Her eyes darted from one plank to the next, counting the seconds before Jack clambered onto the bed beside her.

"Who's bed was this?" He asked, caging Poppy with his arms, his hands sinking into the pillow. Poppy shivered under his dominance.

"I'm not sure, it's just always been here, I don't know why it isn't in your Cottage actually." Poppy explained, her body tingling.

Jack ran his thumb over her lips, he traced her jaw line before running over her eyes and then to the tip of her nose. Poppy's heart was pounding, it had been a long time since she'd had a man this close to her.

"You're so perfect." Jack whispered, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Shut up and kiss me!" Poppy grinned.

He placed his hat on the ground before pressing his lips against Poppy's, capturing them in desire. She sighed softly, running her fingers through his thick and dusty hair. The kiss was impatient, like both of them had been waiting their whole lives for his moment, maybe because they had.

Goosebumps lined their skin as his hands roamed the now bare skin of her stomach and shoulders. Jack reached under her back and unclipped her bra quicker than she had time to notice. She gasped when his hands palmed her breasts.

"I'm sorry, do you want me to stop?" He fretted.

"Don't you dare." Poppy breathed as he captured her lips again. He trailed kisses down her neck, between the valley of her breasts and down her stomach making her arch her back with pleasure. He tugged her skirt down, his denim jeans grazing against the porcelain skin of her thighs.

Poppy cried out in pleasure as Jack's kisses trailed their way, lower and lower. She couldn't believe that the man she'd dreamt about since she was a little girl was actually above her. Holding her, touching her, kissing her, loving her.

A fiery sensation seared their bodies as Jack continued. Poppy could hardly breathe, her fingers scratched his back and her toes curled at his touch. Her body craved him, all of him.

He unbuttoned his shirt, slipping it off his back and throwing it onto the floor. Poppy's hands hovered over his washboard abs, she trailed her fingers down them, rising and falling with the divots. The light was dim but she could see every piece of him, the adoration in his eyes, the lust on his lips and she could feel the love pulsing through his veins. How was she worthy of such feelings?

She had never felt as vulnerable as she did when he kissed her as he entered. He muffled the soft cries that left her mouth before setting the moans free from both of them.

"You're killing me Poppy, driving me crazy." Jack panted moving gently.

His huge calloused hands cupped her face and for a moment she felt nervous and naïve, as if she'd never done anything like this before. She wished for a second that Jack had been her first, that he was the one to take her innocence instead of Leo. She loved Leo but he'd never held her softly or touched her as gently as Jack did.

The pain had completely subsided as Jack kissed her, she slid her tense hands down his back, perspiration making it smooth. He ran his fingers down her arms, stopping himself from fisting at the sheets beside her. Her stomach clenched and she gasped as a everything swirled around her, his eyes rolled back into his head as they collapsed onto each other.

His heavy, tanned, masculine body rolled beside her, his hands still on her cheeks, caressing her jaw tenderly. The two breathless bodies gasped for air, their chests rose and fell heavily with every draw.

"Poppy." his husky voice drove her crazy.

"Jack." She whispered.

They stared at each other. Captivated by the colour of their eyes, captivated by the vulnerability that coated their faces.
He let his fingers trace the freckles on her nose, joining them like a dot-to-dot pattern. She felt her flushed cheeks grow hotter, she'd never felt quite like this before.

"I love you." He whispered, closing his eyes and pressing his forehead against hers.

"Jack I love you." Poppy muttered, kissing his nose.

A tear trickled from his eye, he'd never felt a love like Poppy's. Life was falling so quickly into place, on drop at a time. He wasn't worthy of her time. He wasn't worthy to hold such a being. He'd earned nothing, after the life he used to live, he didn't deserve Poppy.

"Don't cry Jacky," Poppy's fingers rested under his jaw, softly. She knew exactly why his tears fell, she felt the same. How did she of all people, find a man with so much love and time to spend on the people who he cared for. A man who was so perfect in every way possible.

"We're worthy of each other Jack. This wouldn't have happened if we weren't. I wouldn't get to kiss your lips or hold you hand. I wish I could explain your eyes and how they make mine flutter and you voice, how it makes me shiver, god Jack I wish I could just explain you. I think you'd be impressed." Poppy's eyes were full and wide, she'd meant every word.

With shaking lips and weeping eyes, Jack kissed her like he'd never kissed anyone before.