Part 3 - Going For Gold

Later in the day!

Tatty’s P.O.V

All us women divers had finished and my place in the semi- finals was joint first with China. Chris came 9th in the finals. Today was going pretty well for us. I had my final in the morning and it was about 10 o’clock I had to rush and get food and go to bed Lindsey told me to get to bed straight away. I went got food and went straight back to the village. Tom, Tonia, Sarah, Nick, Will, Pete and Jack all went out to celebrate for Chris while I was stuck in the flat alone.

Chris’ P.O.V

It’s upsetting Tatty can’t be here with us but tomorrow night right??’ I said to Tonia ‘Yeh!’ She sobbed she was a tad bit drunk ‘But tomorrow night if she wins!’ Sarah added. ‘Oh trust me, She will definitely win she’s my sister, plus ask Tom! He is there at every training session!’ I slurred, ‘Oi! Tom, Is your girlfriend going to win??’ Tonia shouted. ‘Hell yeh!’ He shouted back.

Tatty’s P.O.V

I still wasn’t asleep and everyone had just came traipsing in, ‘Oh great, No sleep for me, Tonia and Sarah share the room with me I am dead. Within half an hour everyone was asleep. I walked out to get a glass of water and Tom obviously heard me ‘Why aren’t you asleep??’ He asked ‘Why are you so sober??’ I replied ‘Because I drank a bunch of water and ate and I became sober’ he smiled while taking my hand and leading me into his room.

He tucked me in his bed and then cuddled in to me. The beds were only single but I don’t care as long as I get to sleep and before I knew it I was.

Next morning.

I woke up at 7:30 again and did exactly the same as yesterday but without Chris. I got to the aquatics centre Lindsey was waiting for me again. Today her speech was different it was more of a ‘I know you will do this for you, me , your family and your country talk’ It was rather scary. I walked out to practice and my little brother, mum and dad all came up to me.

‘Where is Chris, Tatty??’ They asked. ‘At home asleep, with Tom, Tonia, Sarah and Jack!’ I told them. ‘Oh Okay! He’s a nice brother coming to watch you dive! Isn’t he??’ My mum said. ‘Hell No! Im a better brother!’ Our little brother Noah added. ‘Yes, yes you are!’ I responded ruffling his hair ‘Now, I need to go finish practicing, Bye!’. They stopped me in my tracks and said:

‘Tatty, no matter what happens today,

If you lose, If you win, If you come 2nd place or in

The middle of the score board. We will love you,

No matter what happens. Your brothers and your sister

Love you! When you get on that board, if you need

Reassurance just look at us, Noah, Lindsey and If Chris

And Tom are here Them, You need to go, bye love you. I’m so

Proud of you!’

They said between hugs, tears and kisses.

I walked down to Lindsey and gave her a hug it was half an hour till the finals, I could be an Olympic Champion in the next 2 hours. The next half an hour took so long to go by, it was horrible. Its also horrible knowing your boyfriend or older brother aren’t in the crowd looking at you dive. In the Olympics for the home crowd.

‘Are you ready?? To Go for gold??’ Lindsey said as we watched the Chinese divers dive, ‘Extremely ready! I have dank 6 red bull’s this morning and its only 10 o’clock!’ I buzzed. ‘Hahah! Okay! You can only do your best so go get em Tiger or should I say pride the lion!’ She added. ‘You cheesy wotsit!’ I laughed and then my name was called. My stomach flipped the crowd went mental.

I got up there my first dive wasn’t very hard to be honest. It was a good dive I felt the water like sucking me in. So I knew it was good! I popped my head out the water and the crowd was cheering I got out the water waved, talked to Lindsey and then sat in the hot tub. My scores came up 7 and 8’s my landing wasn’t amazing to be honest.