Part 8 - Thank You

Part 8

Tatty’s P.O.V

‘Debbie, I’m going to go see him! Is that alright?’ I said, ‘Yeh, fine darling!’ she answered. I gave Jack a hug and walked off. I started to run and I got to the halls and he saw me. His face lit up like a puppy that just met its new family. I ran up to him and he picked me up and spun me round. ‘You did it!’ I said, ‘I know! Tonight baby and then it’s the end of our Olympics!’ He said. ‘I know! Yay! I love you Thomas Robert Daley! Loads!’ I said. We kissed a lot during the 5 minutes we were together, he put me down just as everyone came to see him.

‘Mate, Well done!’ Jack and Chris said as they gave him a hug. Chris looked at me like a sorry puppy but I just looked away. ‘Oh My Gosh! Tom that was amazing!’ Tonia and Sarah said while giving him a hug. Then his mum gave him a hug and started to cry, it was sweet. Then Will and Ben gave him hugs, he ruffled their hair and hugged them again. It was amazing! Tom’s mum pulled him away.

Tom’s P.O.V

‘We are going for a lunch, and you are coming, you can bring Tatty if you want?’ She said, ‘Oh okay! Yeh, should we go get changed or can we stay in what we are wearing?’ I asked. ‘Just stay in what you are wearing!’ She answered. ‘We are going in five minutes Tom so hurry up!’ She said, ‘Wait mum, Urm something has happened with Tatty and she is moving out, and has nowhere to stay, so can she stay with us?’ I asked, ‘We will have to see Tom!’ She said, ‘I can’t just make a decision straight away’ she added. ‘Okay!’ I walked away and got Tatty

‘Bye guys!’ We said at the same time and then we walked to my mum’s car. Tatty and I sat in the back, Will in the front and Ben sat next to me. I was holding Tattys hand and playing with her hair. Then I tickled her and Ben helped ‘Stop, no, stop!’ She giggled, ‘Can’t breath!’ She laughed. She made me happy, very happy.

Debbie’s P.O.V (Tom’s Mum)

I really didn’t know what to do about what Tom asked me. Tatty makes him and his brothers happy and she’s really nice. We are going on a picnic in a park so I’ll see what happens then. We got to the park and all piled out. Tatty, Ben and Will all went and played football, but I made Tom stay because he needs to relax.  She was proper messing about she was so nice.

‘So, Tom why does she want to move out?’ I asked, ‘Her adoptive parents told her, her mum and dad died and put her up for adoption when she was a baby right, but they are her real parents and gave her up and now they have Noah and Stacey. They didn’t even tell her mum!’ He said. ‘That’s horrible, why would you do that!’ I answered. ‘Is that a Yeh then!?’ He asked me, ‘Yes, wait before you tell her, no doing things in my house!’ I answered.

He jumped up and gave me a hug. ‘I love you mum!’ He said. ‘I love you too, Tom. Your dad would be so proud!’ I said with a tear coming to my eyes.

Tom’s P.O.V

‘Don’t cry you Muppet!’ he’s in a better place! And is always here with us, in our hearts!’ I said before running up to Tatty, ‘Tatty, and Tats! Guess what!’ I said. ‘What!?!?!?!?’ She turned round and smiled, ‘Your moving in with me!’ I said, ‘YAYYY!!!!!!!!!’ She screamed and umped and put her legs round me. While I was holding her we kissed and my brother obviously took a picture because it was all over twitter within five minutes.

‘Yes! Thank you Tom!’ she whispered. ‘Chris is getting all your stuff except the furniture and he’s going to put it in a removal van! He’s doing that tonight’ I told her, ‘Yes! It means I can go home with you after the Olympics’ she said, ‘I know!’ I laughed and poked the end of her nose.

Tatty’s P.O.V

After about five minutes I realised my legs were still wrapped round Tom, ‘I should say thank you to your mum!’ I said, He let me down and I ran up to her. ‘DEBBIE! Thank you! So much! This means so much! Thank you!’ I said, I basically rugby tackled her into a hug. ‘its fine Tom told me, we are your family to be honest, but just don’t lose contact with Chris, you too are so close!’ She said. ‘Thank you and I won’t!’ I said. ‘Just think this time tomorrow you will be getting ready for the closing ceremony! And then tomorrow night will be your last night in the village!’ She added, ‘I know, to be honest the last 6 years have been hard and not being able to have breaks, that’s hard too’ I added, ‘I know Tom was saying that a few days ago, but you guys have each other! And I really like you! I hope you’re together for a while’ she said to me. ’Me too!’ Then Tom came over ‘I have to go back to the village!’ He said, ‘I’ll come see you later, Tatty you coming??’ He asked. ‘Yeh, bye Debbie!’ She stood up and gave me a hug, ‘Bye darling’ She said giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, she did the same to Tom.

We got a taxi and went back to the village, ‘Why did we have to come back?’ I asked him, ‘I have a meeting, you can go up to the room if you want or you can come?’ He said. ‘I’ll come I like the swirly chairs in the team GB house conference room!’ I jumped. ‘Haha! Okay!’ He gave me a kiss and we walked in. Before we went upstairs we had to sign the TeamGB wall and have pictures taken. We took pictures with his arm round me and then they asked us to kiss. It was so awkward, ‘you want to?’ He asked, ‘Yeh!’ So we did. The guy took the picture and told us we could leave.

We walked up the stairs past the likes of Gary Lineiker ‘Don’t freak out!’ Tom said to me, ‘I won’t!’ I said, we walked into the conference room. ‘Hello, Tatty and Tom! The two T’s!’ Andy Tom’s coach said. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and Tom a pat on the back. I sat at the other end of the room near the fridge, swirly chairs and sweets. ‘Do NOT eat all those Tatty! I know what you’re like’ I heard Lindsey say from behind me. I huffed and put back half of what I had. ‘You’re so immature Tatty!’ She and Andy said at the same time. ‘Whatever’ I turned round and Tom was pissing himself at the other side with Andy and Lindsey was standing next to me.

After that they all started their meeting it was pretty boring but have had many of these meetings and he is always there, so I’m not going to ditch him. I sat there eating all the sweets, with Lindsey looking at me every two seconds, she came and stole them off me so I went into the fridge and ate more. ‘That’s it you need to stop eating! You’re going to get fat and you have another competition in 3 weeks, so don’t pig out when you go on holiday and I hear your moving to Plymouth?’  Lindsey said, ‘Oh Yeh, Opps! And Yeh I am, but I have no coach anymore’ I said. ‘Yeh you do, Andy is taking you on as well as Tom as long as Tom is okay with that?’ Lindsey answered.

‘So Tom, what do you think?’ Andy asked. ‘If not I have other coaches, she can have!’ Lindsey added. ‘That is superb! Means I get to spend more time with her!’ He said while pulling me in for a hug. ‘Yes! Well welcome to the Plymouth coaching crew!’ Andy said giving me a hug. I just smiled and hugged back, Lindsey told me she was going to miss me loads and she even started to cry. But me and Tom made her feel better. ‘Oh can I eat sweets now??’ I asked, ‘No!’ Tom said, ‘Whoa! Mr Daley is getting mean!’ I winked.

Tom’s P.O.V

Shut up You!’ I winked, ‘I’m going to practise no one should be at the pool yet!’ I said. ‘Can I come, please??’ Tatty asked, ‘what and dive with me??’ I asked her. ‘Yeh!, I left a costume there with my Chamois cloth the other day! Please??’ She asked, I looked at Andy and he nodded, ‘Okay, come ‘on but we have two hours till the rest will probably come’ I said. ‘Yes!’ We walked to the aquatic centre because it was next door, we got ready in the ready room and off we went to the pool.

‘It’s so quiet, no one else was here, it was nice just me and Tatty’ I thought. They asked us if they could check the cameras on us while I practise. Of course we said yes. We basically did all the dives I had to do over and over but together like me and Pete would do just me and Tatty. At one point we landed and my speedos came down at the back and Tatty went ‘Osh! Nice Bum Thomas!’ So I looked at hers and was like ‘Oshh! You too Tatty!’