9

Bam! Bam! Bam!

"U/n! Open the door! Please!" I heard Peter shout as I sat on my bed crying.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to drown out Peter's cries.

"I'm sorry..." Peter said from the other side of the door.

Why is he apologizing? It's not even his fault. He just makes me more guilty. I pulled up my blankets to cover myself.

"I'll go... We'll talk when you're ready to..." I heard Peter say before silence followed.

What had I done?

*time skip to next day*

I woke up. My eyes felt dry as I have been crying all night. Uncle Tony came to check on me but I did not open the door. I did not eat all night and just stayed in my bedroom.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the screen. 9 September 2018, 8 a.m. I changed into a sweatshirt and a pair of shorts. I went downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and started to search for food.

I found a apple and started munching on it. I heard someone clear his throat and turned around.

"Oh hey Uncle Tony..." I said.

"Are you ok?" Uncle Tony asked, ruffling my hair.

"Yeah... I'm fine..."

"Peter called yesterday to check on you. Did you guys fight or something?"

"Uh it's complicated..." I shrugged.

"Ok... Just don't get so stressed kid."

*time skip*

I laid on my bed as I scrolled through my phone. I got 9 missed calls from Peter and 22 unread messages. I looked at the time.

9:08:53

9:08:54

9:08:55

9:08:56

9:08:57

9:08:58

9:08:59

9:00:00

9 a.m.

Something blinked at the corner of my eye. I turnes to look at my bag. The crown was in it. I took out the crown. The gems shone brightly, all nine of them.

Weird.

I took the crown and ran down the stairs.

"Uncle Tony! Uncle Tony!" I ran and accidentally bumped into him.

"Woah! Careful kiddo!"

"The crown! It's glowing!" I said, pointing to the crown.

"Well that's weird..."

"What's happening? Is it gonna explode or something?" I said, quickly putting down the crown on a table.

"Well I don't know kid. You gotta figure it out yourself."

"Fine..." I grumbled and went back to my bedroom.

You placed the crown on your table.

"Stop glowing!" You shouted in frustration.

"Ughhh!" You ignored it and went back to your bed.

*time skip to evening*

(Peter's pov)

I patrolled around the city. Not much crime today. I was making my way back when I saw something at the corner of my eyes. I turned to look at it.

U/n.

I followed U/n.

(Your pov)

"Why the fuck is this thing still glowing?!"

"You know what? I'm just gonna go back to Midtown." You said as you started changing.

"Ugh great... Now I'm talking to myself..."

You got ready and went to Midtown. You took the way where there were no one walking around. You finally reached Midtown.

I went inside and went to the library. I noticed that the crown in my hands was glowing brighter and brighter.

I walked around the library. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see...

Peter. He was in his Spider Man suit.

"H-Hey..." He said.

"Hi..."

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

I raised up the crown in my hands.

"O-Oh..."

"U/n I-"

"I think I should go." I interuptted him.

I fought back my tears and walked away. Suddenly, the crown started shining VERY brightly. I stood rooted to the spot. I looked down at the floor.

The planks were loose. I glanced at Peter. I bended down and started prying off the planks.

"What the heck is that?" Peter said as he saw what was beneath the wooden planks.

There was a trapdoor with a keyhole. I  took the key I found and put it in the keyhole. I twisted the key.

Click!
I looked at Peter and he looked at me. I opened the trapdoor. There was a staircase. I took a step forward. Peter pulled me back.

"Wait wait wait."

"What?"

"What if there's somethimg down there? I'm going first."

He walked down the stairs and I followed close behind. We came to a room. The room was made of stone. Torches lined the walls.

A pedestal stood in the middle of the room. I ran up to it. I found it!

"I found it!" Peter looked at me.

"Found what?"

"This thing! My mission!" Peter's face  had a mix of emotions. Happy. Scared. Confusion. Sadness.

"Come on let's go." I took Peter's hand and dragged him away.

We covered the trapdoor with the wooden planks. We were going to walk out when we heard something.

"To the library." It was...

Mrs Smith.