Chapter Thirteen

I'm back. For a bit. Enjoy. Maybe.

This is some hot shit but what else is new.

Dunno when the next chapter will be coming out and I apologize for the appalling shortness of this one, but I had to put something out, and, according to a friend of mine, I need to "stop worrying my bitchass self before I blow up".

Thanks, Jamie, and apologies in advance to the readers.

-Blair

-

The two of them came out into a blank room. Spray shoved his hands in his pockets as he turned to face Error. The black-boned skeleton waited, putting his hands in his own pockets to hide the shaking.

(weak weak weak weak weak weak)

"You don't have a universe, right?" Spray asked. Slowly, Error nodded. "Well, you can stay here. Void has a room a couple doors down, but if you need her and she's not there, then she's in Altertale with Rattles." A brief smile. "Those two share more secrets than the rest of us combined."

He shook his head before turning his gaze back to Error.

"Now, why is your magic dropping like that?"

That's far enough.

"tHAnKS fOR ThE rOoM, spRay." (out out out out out let us out let us oUT) "i'Ll cAlL iF i NEEd yOU."

"Error--"

A wave of Error's (trembling)(FREE) hand had Spray skidding backwards, out of the room. Another one had the entire perimeter of the room surrounded by dense blue magic, warping space-time and locking the place off from shortcuts.

(please)

"i Can'T," Error hissed under his breath, curling his fingers around the chipped edge of his right eye socket. "i'M soRRy."

(MERCY MERCY please have MERCY)

Error sunk to the ground.

"1 c4N'T!" His voice broke apart, shattering into being in numbers and letters around him.

(you have us, you have us, let us out let us out let us out)

He screamed.

"sHuT uP!"

A wave of shudders made his bones clatter against each other. Magic burned his throat, forcing itself out from his jaws in a splatter of red-blue-black. He gagged, clawing at his neck with enough force to dig claws into his marrow.

"yOU-- WE NEED TO BE FREE!"

No, no, no, no.

The room shakes as something heavy slams into a wall. Error's barrier flickers for a second.

He's running out of magic. He can't contain them.

"lEt mE gO!" Through blurry eye sockets, he can see malformed hearts in his ribcage, surrounded by quickly dimming strings. "tHIS iS nOT yoUR bOdy!"

Another slam. His barrier flickers as magic constructs embed themselves in it, melting in streaks of Karma across his BLUE.

(FREEDOM! WE WANT--)

"yOUr fREedOm wiLL nOT cOMe At thE cOsT oF thIS WoRld!" His voice breaks as the hearts bulge outwards. A hiss falls from his teeth before he curls his fingers. "i aM yOUr PriSON unTIl thE eND of TimES, reMEmBEr?"

Four sharp edged bone constructs appear in a half-circle around him.

"GoODByE."

The bones slam inwards just as his BLUE outside dissolves.

"Error!"

An unearthly wail splits the air as the constructs twist in their targets, forcing the half-formed SOULs back into rest. Error grins with magic-stained teeth, turning his skull to meet Spray's horrified eyelights. Two fingers come up in a weak salute as he tilts his head.

"yO."

Then everything goes white.