And so it Begins

*Leo*

Once in front of the cabin door, Leo stopped to catch his breath. Chiron pushed him forwards, making him almost crash straight through the doorway.

He sent him a glare, confused with his weird behavior. Leo cleared his throat and leaned against a wooden beam, "Hello ladies!" he sent them an award-winning grin, his pointed ears showing through his curly locks.

"The names Leo Valdez. I kind of saved the camp. And the world, just in case you didn't know." He said pridefully, fiddling with a few loose bolts in his non-stopping hands. Chiron cleared his throat, stomping his hoof.

"Right. I need the assistance of one of you lovely girls."

"Get to the point, Valdez." One of the girls grumbled, and Leo automatically recognized her as Lola. He remembered seeing her around camp a few times. Her vibrant orange hair made her pretty hard to miss.

"Yeah, I was getting to that. Well, before I was so rudely interrupted." He playfully winked at her. "You've gotta work on that sweetie." Lola's face turned red from embarrassment, but she didn't reply.

"ANYWAYS, I need some, uh, help." He glanced back at Chiron for an explanation.

"Yes. I need one of you to assist Leo in growing a few new trees that he can cut down to make me a new coffee table."

"Wow, they can do that?" Leo asked in surprise. He hadn't heard of anyone with the ability.

Lola rolled her eyes, pointing to the far corner of the cabin, "Then you're looking for," She paused and struggled for a moment like she either forgot the name of the person or was stopping herself from saying something rude. "Valentine. Yes, Valentine Rosemary is the only one with the... aptitude." Leo didn't like how she said that. It sounded like how people had talked about the fire ability before Leo and his friends had gone on their big quests. Leo jumped a bit, seeing the flowers in that corner wilt away a little.

*Valentine*

She heard Leo stop by the cabin to catch his breath, and she risked peeking out of her book and flowers. What she saw was so worth it. Chiron made eye contact with her, smirked, then bumped Leo through the doorway, almost making him fall. Best. Mentor. EVER.

Leo glared at the centaur, then leaned against one of the wooden beams supporting the roof of the cabin. Then he said, "Hello Ladies!" And sent them all an annoying, irritating, horri- wait, you're getting off track Valentine. He sent them a grin. The younger two girls blushed and looked away. 'Ugh, sometimes I hate them.'

"The name's Leo Valdez. I kind of saved camp. And the world, in case you didn't know." Valentine looked away from him, 'Oh, THAT Leo.' She thought, 'The one that I didn't get to save.' She shook her head to get the thought out of her mind. 'Ugh, Valentine stop scolding yourself. He disrupted your happiness. He deserved whatever he got.'

Chiron cleared his throat and stomped his hoof to get Leo's attention. Man, that kid had bad ADHD.

"Right. I need the assistance of one of you lovely girls." Once again, the younger girls blushed and giggled to themselves. 'Ugh, really? What do they even see in that Christmas elf?'

"Get to the point, Valdez." Lola spoke up. For once in her life, and it will never happen again, EVER, Valentine agreed.

"Yeah, I was getting to that. Well, before I was so rudely interrupted." He winked at her. 'Ugh, his wink is so irritatingly annoying- seriously Valentine, you need to stop doing this.' But to her surprise, it wasn't a flirtatious wink. For once.

"You've gotta work on that sweetie." Valentine almost laughed out loud when Lola's face turned beet red from embarrassment. Almost. Thankfully, Leo kept talking.

"ANYWAYS, I need some, uh, help." He looked at Chiron pleadingly for an explanation. 'And I will not lie, I was dying inside with laughter.'

Chiron stepped forward, "Yes. I need one of you to assist Leo in growing a few new trees that he can cut down to make me a new coffee table." His eyes glimmered for a second and he glanced at Valentine. 'He. Did. Not. Just play. That. Card.' She glared at him from across the cabin, but the centaur only shrugged.

"Wow, they can do that?" Leo asked, sounding surprised. Valentine sent the dirtiest look she could muster towards Leo and Chiron. Mainly Chiron. 'I take back my compliments towards that old horse. And if I dare, pony.'

Lola rolled her eyes and pointed towards Valentine's area, "Then you're looking for," Valentine waited for an insult, but apparently with Chiron around, she could hold it back. Wow, how difficult! I'm so (not) proud of her! "Valentine. Yes, Valentine Rosemary is the only one with the... aptitude."

Leo gained a defensive stance and narrowed his eyes a little bit at Lola like he wanted to strangle her. 'Okay fine, I take back a little of what I said about Valdez. But only a little. He's still a dream killer and I bet he escaped from the North Pole.' After taking a deep breath, Leo looked towards the corner and his eyes widened. Valentine looked down. She was still hidden in flowers and vines, but they were starting to wilt.

"Stop being jealous Lola, we both know you want my powers. Mom just loves me more." Valentine said, letting a few of the flowers and vines to grow back down to reveal her.

~900 words~