Tree Wacking... Ow

*Leo*

Leo huffed when Valentine turned her attention away from him. 'Getting jealous from a book? That's your new low, Valdez.' Leo thought to himself. He glanced at her one more time. Sure enough, she was sucked back out of reality.

He tossed his hammer up and down a few times, testing its balance. Sure enough, it still fit his grip perfectly. Looking back on all the times Leo had used the hammer in fights made him slightly impressed with himself. He still couldn't believe it was him that had done all those things.

'Focus, she's gonna think you're only a scrawny Christmas elf!' Leo thought to himself. His eyes narrowed on the tree, fully concentrated.

WACK!

The tree didn't stand a chance. With one swing, it snapped like a toothpick. Valentine looked up from her book, her eyebrow-raising. She took a sip from a water bottle that was by the rock, then turned her attention back to Leo.

"There ya go! One chopped up tree ready for delivery!" He said, giving her a closed-eyed smile while he pretended to blow off steam from the tip of the hammer.

"Well well! Look who cut down a tree! Big deal. That was...wow." Valentine yawned, looking back at her book. Leo grumbled to himself, then grinned.

"How are we going to transport this thing again?" He questioned, sizing up the tree trunk.

Valentine tsked, shaking her head. "You poor, small minded boy. Let me show you how it's done." She snapped her fingers. To Leo's surprise, the truck seemed to melt into the ground.

"What the Hades?!" He yelped, stepping away from it as it moved in his direction. Taking another sip of her water, Valentine snapped her fingers. Still underground, the tree zipped away, back in the direction of the center of camp.

"There. See how easy that was?" Valentine said in a light tone like she was speaking to a child. Leo raised an eyebrow, flipping the hammer in his hand.

"Alright, give me a bigger challenge." He said, crossing his arms. Valentine stood up, walking over towards the remainders of the tree. She stomped her foot on the trunk, backing up afterward. It sprouted up immediately, easily 14 feet tall and 9 feet wide.

"Beat that, Valdez." She flicked his nose, then going back over to her rock. Thankfully she was drinking her water, so she didn't see his burning face. Literally.

"This is child's play!" He said playfully, gripping the hilt of his hammer once again.

WACK!

WACK!

"Only two hits? I'm stronger than I even knew!" Leo said pridefully to himself, watching as the tree began to fall. It groaned loudly, splinters flying through the air.

With a yelp, Valentine held up her shaking hands. Immediately, it stopped falling, now falling in slow motion. "Are you trying to get me killed, Valdez?" she stood up and took a few steps toward him, clutching her water bottle.

Leo scratched the back of his neck nervously. He didn't even notice which direction the tree was falling in. "Oops, my bad!" Saying that would probably earn him a beat down later.

Valentine sighed angrily, snapping her fingers twice. The tree melted into the ground and zipped away, all in one motion. Valentine looked just about ready to pass out. She chugged half of her water bottle, which Leo realized, probably wasn't just water...it was nectar.

*Valentine*

Valentine pretended to read her book, just to make him jealous. She watched as he tossed his hammer up and down a few times, testing its weight. When he did that he actually looked less scrawny, which surprised her.

WACK!

Valentine forced herself not to cry out in pain as the tree fell. She raised her eyebrows in pain but managed to play it off as being sarcastic, then she took a sip of nectar from her water bottle, even though it didn't taste like anything she felt better. Then she turned her attention to Leo.

"There ya go! One chopped up tree ready for delivery!" Valdez said, as he closed his eyes and gave her that annoying smile while he pretending to blow off steam from his 40-pound hammer.

"Well well! Look who cut down a tree! Big deal. That was...wow."

Valentine yawned because she was tired, but managed to just make it look like she was bored. She looked back to her book pretending to read, then peaked out of her book just in time to see Leo grin.

'Oh boy, this will be fun' she thought to herself.

"How are we going to transport this thing again?" Valdez asked, looking at her beautiful tree that he killed.

Valentine tsked, shaking her head. "You poor, small minded boy. Let me show you how it's done." She snapped her fingers. Valentine smiled in amusement as she watched Leo jump like a cat, not even realizing that he did. He sadly landed on his feet like one too.

"What the Hades?!" He yelped, backing up even more as she made it move towards him a little to tease him. Valentine took another sip of her nectar, then snapped to send the tree zipping towards the Big House underground.

"There. See how easy that was?" Actually, it wasn't easy. And she was going to have to make a bigger one for the top of the table. 'Oh boy.' Leo raised an eyebrow, then flipped the hammer in his hand.

"Alright, give me a bigger challenge." Leo said, crossing his stubby little arms. Valentine stood up, even though it took quite some energy. She wasn't going to tell Leo that. She walked towards the remainder of her once beautiful, now dead (Because of Leo-dream killer-imagination murderer-Christmas elf-Valdez) tree. Once she got there, she tapped her foot on the stump, stepping back immediately. She already felt light headed. It shot towards the sky, equivalently 14 feet tall and 9 feet wide.

"Beat that, Valdez." She said, flicking the fire off his nose. She then went over to her reading rock, not seeing his reaction. She drank a bit more nectar so she wouldn't pass out.

"This is child's play!" Valdez said playfully. He gripped the hilt of his hammer again. Valentine tried to prepare herself for the impact she would feel, but this time it was worse.

WACK!

WACK!

Valentine's vision went white and she bit her tongue to stop herself from screaming. Tendrils of pain rippled down her spine as she struggled to stay in her place on the rock.

Valentine could barely hear Leo's voice saying something in the background, but everything was hazy. Once her vision cleared, she yelped, seeing the tree hurtling towards her. She held up her shaking hands to keep it from falling. Instead of stopping completely like it usually did, Valentine could only muster enough energy to slow its fall.

"Are you trying to get me killed, Valdez?" She asked, standing up and taking a few steps in his direction, her voice holding a hint of anger as she clutched her water bottle.

"Oops, my bad!" Leo scratched the back of his neck nervously, though he sounded pretty sincere. Valentine sighed angrily, snapping her fingers twice to send the tree towards the Big House. Her energy was now on complete low, and she stumbled to open her water bottle. Valentine chugged half of it, waiting for the effects to follow, but she knew it would take a while because she pushed herself so hard.