Piper and Jason

*Leo*

Leo waited until Valentine went into a calm breathing pattern, showing she was asleep. He sighed in relief, turning to Chiron.

"You think she'll be okay?" The centaur glanced at the daughter of Demeter, an expressionless look on his face. Leo was having trouble reading his emotions.

"Well, I-" Will ran back into the infirmary breathless, two satyrs following close behind.

"Got here as soon as possible! Is she doing any better?" Leo only glanced at him for a second, going straight back to paying attention to the ice pack on Valentine's head.

"Yes, her condition is improving a little bit. She fell asleep easier than I expected her to." Chiron sent Leo a quick pointed look that he barely caught.

"Well, that's a relief! These two should help a little bit more as well." Will motioned to the satyrs who then straightened their backs under the centaur's gaze.

"That is what I am hoping for." He paused for a moment, shifting his eyes back towards Will. "You didn't give her any nectar or ambrosia, did you?" The said son of Apollo shook his head.

"You've told me not to unless I know what's wrong with the person." Chiron nodded in satisfaction, patting him on the back.

"I'm glad you remembered. Any more nectar and Valentine would have died." Leo shuddered at the thought.

"S-Seriously? Why?" Will's eyes widened when he heard this.

"Not important at the moment. We need to give her time to rest and let the satyrs do their job. Let's go boys." Chiron began to walk away from Valentine's side, Will following his lead.

"Leo, come on." Leo gave Valentine one last look, then reluctantly moved away from her side and towards the centaur.

'Why are you acting like this? They're gonna think you like her or something.' Leo thought to himself, then mentally shook his head. There was no way he would like someone like her. Valentine was too mean and stubborn and just like Calypso...

"Would you like me to stay here?" Leo was cut off his train of thought by Will.

"No, you have already done enough, you can go back to what you were doing. Thank you." Chiron said, motioning for him to leave. Will nodded, turning around and starting towards the cabins. Chiron turned to Leo, "You should be off too." Leo looked over at him, putting up a fake smile to cover his nervousness.

"Oh yeah, sure!" Leo had almost forgotten that free time was almost over. He wasn't really in the mood for the dinner that would follow after.

After saying goodbye to the centaur, Leo made his way to the volleyball court. Just as he had predicted, Jason and Piper were sitting on their favorite bench, watching a few campers play a game.

"Hey Beauty Queen, Superman." Leo slung his arms around their shoulders, causing them to break their 'romantic' eye contact.

"Ugh, Leo!" Jason grumbled playfully, shaking his arm off. He pushed his glasses back up to his eyes.

"Oh, what's up repair boy?" Piper sent him a smirk, which he slightly struggled to return.

"Nothing much.." Leo pulled a few trinkets out of his toolbelt and started randomly twisting them together, a habit he had when nervous.

Piper's ever-changing eyes flickered down to his hands, noticing it. "You okay?"

"Oh, I'm fine!" He grinned in her direction. She didn't seem to believe him.

"Dude, you can tell us when something's up." Jason pointed out, now turning around on the bench to face him.

Leo opened his mouth to argue but quickly shut it. These were his best friends, right? It should be fine if he told them.